Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic & Mayhem / Duel: The Mage Wars

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Game has been identified as Magic & Mayhem: The Art of Magic (aka Duel: The Mage Wars)

Some screenshots, for anyone interested:

26340-ae10b7731f52ac5a94087e709ca14afa.jpg

26341-d2602b819d4ce7613f522ce325cb00bd.jpg

26342-50aae92fd169d54bbc111ab5f2b69c44.jpg

26343-cce962a0b2e83b972906f4383a35daca.jpg

Bros, I am looking for an (rather) old game. Maybe someone has better memory or google-fu and will be able to recall/find the title for me. I'm posting this in General Gaming, because I can't recall if the game was an (A)RPG or not.

All I remember is:
- game is from late 90s or early 2000s
- the game was isometric and 2d
- you controlled one mage (at least initially, I only played the demo)
- the first spell (or one of the first) you got was chain lighting
- the game was rather colorful

Basically, you were moving around with a mage and zapping things with chain lightning. The spells could be upgraded, and you also could learn new ones. There may have been skeletons in there too.

Anyone knows what game could it have been?

Last edited:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nope, it's not Rage of Mages. RoM has a top-down perspective too. The game I'm talking about was isometric, like Diablo (and no, it's not Diablo ;) ).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Magic & Mayhem: The Art of Magic?
Invictus (propably one of the heroes favored by Zeus)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom