Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

    "This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mail order brides advertised on the Codex?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
28,886
Recently, I was searching for info on the World of Xeen 2 mod, and as I clicked one of the links, it took me some time to process what I was seeing and realize, "Hey this is RPGCodex! I was posting here a year ago!"

So yeah, I have been dipping my feet into these cold waters occasionally, amount of content here is overwhelming with dozens of LPs, dozens of strategy game discussions, dozens of recent RPG discussions, dozens of old RPG discussions, dozens of movie discussions, dozens of everything. Can't keep up. I open a Shogun 2 Total War thread and see that everybody has already said or remarked whatever I wanted to say or remark. Too much of everything.

All of what I write above is an irrelevant preliminary. Look at this.

http://www.imageupload.org/?d=2E9ADFA31

I was shocked. You can order a bride in 30 days? A bridal package to arrive at your place in 30 days? Would she burst out of the cardboard box or something?

But then I read what it's actually about. It seems this is another advertisement promoting standard Hindoo bigotry against dark-skinned people (such as yours truly). It's a fairness clinic promotion. 7000 year old prejudices just don't go away.

I don't even know what to say. It's so offensive, you are not even shocked, because it is an objectively offensive thing.

I don't watch TV or read local tabloids, partly because they are stupid and partly because they are full of such bigoted ads.

Here too? On the Codex? :o
 

Prosper II

Educated
Joined
Jun 3, 2011
Messages
156
Hey not bad. As long as she isn't infected with that New Vegas STD, I won't need but 1 day. We can be married couple modding Fallout 3 and i could finallly finish my visions.
 

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
1,870,721
Location
Land of Rape & Honey ❤️
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It would seem that the bars in the cellar were not strong enough. Will fix.

Also: I saw ads for jewish dating on the codex. I am deeply offended.
 

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Joined
Aug 18, 2010
Messages
2,059
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
824.jpg
 

larpingdude18

Educated
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
567
Location
Alefgard
OMG... welcome back, Prateek Sanjay!!!! :shock:
 

Piety

Shitpostin'
Joined
May 22, 2009
Messages
1,777
Location
Chicago
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Holy shit, this is both astonishing and delightful.
 

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
13,481
Location
Summer
Is this really him or is someone using his account?
 

Dark Matter

Prophet
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,227
Location
Toronto
Wyrmlord said:
I don't watch TV or read local tabloids, partly because they are stupid and partly because they are full of such bigoted ads.
Honestly, I don't see what was bigoted about those ads. A couple breaks up, the guy starts going out with another chick who turns out to be a bitch, he breaks up with her and gets back with his old girlfriend. Apart from the advertising woman going "ponds white beauty", I fail to see how skin color had anything to do with the story in those ads.
 
Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Joined
Jul 11, 2008
Messages
4,741
Location
CCCP
oldmanpaco said:
Is this really him or is someone using his account?
Writing style is quite different, and it's not a wall of text big enough.

But indeed, maybe he really is the OP.
 

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Joined
Mar 2, 2010
Messages
10,815
Divinity: Original Sin
Taluntain said:
Wouldn't be the Codex if somebody didn't come back after one year of self-imposed exile just to whine about a beautiful woman in an ad.
Improved.

oldmanpaco said:
Is this really him or is someone using his account?
Probably Chefe.
 
Sad Loser
Joined
Dec 31, 2009
Messages
6,916
So yeah, I have been dipping my feet into these cold waters occasionally
Well... Yes, with almost 13k posts we did notice. You don't have to introduce yourself you know...

I don't even know what to say. It's so offensive, you are not even shocked, because it is an objectively offensive thing.

I don't watch TV or read local tabloids, partly because they are stupid and partly because they are full of such bigoted ads.

Here too? On the Codex?
You are surprised by bigotry on the Codex?

This is not Prateek. Can't be.
 

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Joined
Mar 6, 2011
Messages
20,604
Location
Привислинский край
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's about having lighter skin becouse you and your family are better off and didn't have to work on field under sun same as it was in Europe/KWA before cosmetic industry promoted the trend to look like some over cooked manboon. What wrong with that?
 

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
27,177
Wyrmlord said:
Recently, I was searching for info on the World of Xeen 2 mod, and as I clicked one of the links, it took me some time to process what I was seeing and realize, "Hey this is RPGCodex! I was posting here a year ago!"

So yeah, I have been dipping my feet into these cold waters occasionally, amount of content here is overwhelming with dozens of LPs, dozens of strategy game discussions, dozens of recent RPG discussions, dozens of old RPG discussions, dozens of movie discussions, dozens of everything. Can't keep up. I open a Shogun 2 Total War thread and see that everybody has already said or remarked whatever I wanted to say or remark. Too much of everything.

All of what I write above is an irrelevant preliminary. Look at this.

http://www.imageupload.org/?d=2E9ADFA31

I was shocked. You can order a bride in 30 days? A bridal package to arrive at your place in 30 days? Would she burst out of the cardboard box or something?

But then I read what it's actually about. It seems this is another advertisement promoting standard Hindoo bigotry against dark-skinned people (such as yours truly). It's a fairness clinic promotion. 7000 year old prejudices just don't go away.

I don't even know what to say. It's so offensive, you are not even shocked, because it is an objectively offensive thing.

I don't watch TV or read local tabloids, partly because they are stupid and partly because they are full of such bigoted ads.

Here too? On the Codex? :o
You are not Wyrmlord.
 

Andhaira

Arcane
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
1,868,860
Hey Wyrmlord, what do you think of the fact that Osama Bin Laden was found on Pakistani soil?
 

Lumpy

Arcane
Joined
Sep 11, 2005
Messages
8,525

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom