Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Majesty 2 has best copy protection ever!

X09.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Wait, what? They said they were using Stardock's crappy new copy protection. Or is this the Russian version of the game's copy protection, because for some reason Russians seem to get shit on with Starforce more than everyone else.

Multi-headed Cow

Well god damn it why do they keep putting Starforce on Russian versions of games?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No copy protection is even less expensive and offers just about the same protection from piracy as both Starforce and SecuROM.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Majesty 2 has best copy protection ever!
And that's its system requirements!

Recommended*:
Dual-core processor
1 GB of RAM
GeForce GTX260 512 MBs

*according to 1C "recommended" settings give you 25 FPS at 1600x1200

majesty2mesesmozi_1.jpg

Yeah I can see this one putting down dual-cores with GTX260 on their knees.

Minimum requirements include GF6800GT with 256 Mbs btw and that's according to 1C will give you 15 FPS at all settings set to minimum.
I imagine you'll need much more powerful system to run truly next-gen WarCraft 3 which has bigger view distance. Though it didn't have pixelated shadows from 2004. Optimization? WTF is that?

DraQ

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
No copy protection is even less expensive and offers <s>just about the same</s> more protection from piracy <s>as</s> than both Starforce and SecuROM.
Fixed.

Starforce and SecuROM offer negative protection - why would anyone, no matter how willing to support the industry, install some shitty malware on his rig if he can just get the malware-free version for free?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Played the demo version. Well, i bought my video card for 150$ and it runs on maximum just fine.

Gameplay was great in demo mision, i got my kingdom overrun with giants two times in a row. Unfortunately art direction is clearly inferior to the first game.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I've seen 2D sprite based games that look a hundred times better than that, yet plays on computers from ten years ago. Way to go, innovashun!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Emotional Vampire said:
Ruskies just can't code, seriously. Anyone remembers Cryostasis?

Well... Cryostasis caused lagging because it was overfilled with shaders. Shaders can eat up hardware exceptionally fast. If you were turning around fast in a room that was just beginning to "melt" there were like ... I don't know... at least 5 shaders running at the same time over the whole screen.
This is not due to bad coding. Its just a stupid idea to have so many shaders at once ;)
Well... probably it was ALSO bad coding ;)

bgillisp

Scholar
I hope your wrong on the copy protection. Guess though this is one game I'm not getting at release now, going to wait and see what the reports are once it comes out

Balor

Arcane
Yea, I also loved the demo.
Funny how they EXACTLY copied Majesty 1, only added some touches there and there.

I think I'm sold, MT or Starforce nonwithstanding.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Hümmelgümpf said:
Except it's already out (in Russia). StarForce is there.

Well it is not uncommon to remove starforce for ohtere places so only the russkies have to deal with it.

Unwanted

RaXz

Unwanted
Funny how they EXACTLY copied Majesty 1, only added some touches there and there.

Finally some good news, I feared that you get a whole different game to fit the modern demographic like some generic RTS game.

Another waiting game for the bargain bin with the DLC's in it and without starfarce.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom