Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Malware?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Have been using Malwarebytes Premium for a while and now it is blocking an IP when I visit the Codex:

Image2.png

I am getting it when loading this page for example, which may indicate something wrong with embeds. I have no idea.

Malwarebytes won't let me access 193.37.215.79 itself due to a malware warning. That IP is http://cdn.poast.org and the title of that website is "Poast - Fediverse for shitpoasters". That kind of does sound Codexian, so I wonder what the fuck is going on.

download.png

Melcar

Arcane
Avast does the same shit. Blocks lots of stuff when I browse the Codex. It has been know for a bit (and joked on) that some of the ads on the Codex are infested with malware. And then you have the shit some users post, links, images, some of it is malware (not usually posted on purpose). Just block everything. Not like you're going to miss anything.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Well, the good news is that you can't catch malware from a jpg.

I wonder why the Malwarebytes coders can't figure it out and only block the dangerous stuff from those websites.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I've been using MB for years now and it hasn't caused electrical infetterence with my browsing on the Codex.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Just use Gentoo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom