Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MandaloreGaming thread to stop messing up the Sseth thread.

Caim

Arcane
That was the one that started Let's Play scary faces in the thumbnail mania?
It's the game made by the people who ended up making game that kickstarted the jumpscare craze.

Caim

Arcane
Imagine just dropping the single greatest mod the series has ever seen just to celebrate the first game's 25th anniversary.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

the next game is this thing
GBv0x2_XAAAH-6H

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Oh right... forgot about that there's more of this shit and he wants to make videos before and shortly after Halloween...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
He said he was going to cover all of Fricitonal Games library
Meaning the next video is likely to be SOMA, then Amnesia Rebirth (didn't know about this one) and finally Bunker
Curious to see what will he make of Bunker's more gamey focus

Had forgotten how good Amnesia sound design was

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks fun, but the extremely short time-to-kill kinda kills my will to try it, making units worthless except tanks.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Short time to kill reminds me of Cuban Missle Crisis, where range was most important

Beastro

Arcane
Short time to kill reminds me of Cuban Missle Crisis, where range was most important

Well, that's based upon Blitzkrieg's engine. I never liked the first BK game because the only sure way or doing anything was crawling a sniper around and taking most everything out with arty because of how powerful dig in defenses were.

ropetight

Savant

Played hundreds of hours of SoaSE, in time when Stardock had its game delivery platform, Impulse.
It was a game well before its time, still more playable than Stellaris.
Too bad it never had campaign, but mods were great.

SoaSE 2 is exclusive to Epic for now, and I won't try it until they get on Steam or GOG.
Did anybody play that game?

Caim

Arcane
If they did that to the original Amnesia I dread to see what The Chinese Room turns Bloodlines 2 into.

Dr1f7

Scholar
amfp is a great work of art and idgaf what redditors/ecelebs say

KafkaBot

Scholar
If they did that to the original Amnesia I dread to see what The Chinese Room turns Bloodlines 2 into.
Thing is, Machine for Pigs IS well-written. Everything else is mediocre or at least inconsistent, but the writing delivers. That was essentially The Chinese Room's whole thing, which is why they made so many walking simulators. If THAT was the team working on Bloodlines 2, there'd at least be a chance that the thing could have a compelling plot.

The current Chinese Room it is just a generic studio that uses the same name as the old one, though; they're essentially wearing a carcass... and I genuinely don't see a single good thing from the trailers they have released. So yeah, the final result could be even more dire than it'd be if the actual "walking simulation studio" was making it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom