Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MandaloreGaming thread to stop messing up the Sseth thread.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
He needs to stick to awful/weird games, because his riveting style and personality sure as shit aren't going to make his videos interesting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You mean one of the most popular IP?
Waste of time when he can reviews old and forgotten games.
Not many people left on this planet that can handle them and live to tell the tale.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
He should have revealed what the ending is, hiding what it is makes it more interesting than what it is. Because it is every bit as boring as he says it is.
Apparently whenever you go through enough large ships of a certain type, say, military or medical, you find out that MAYBE, just MAYBE, humanity died because they got killed by aliens or a plague. Or maybe not, you'll never know. WoooooOoooooo!

Zariusz

Arbiter
Weak, and its really weird because this looks like one of those DEEPEST LORE games where neckbeards make tons of theories based on some scraps.

lightbane

Arcane
Ah, Marathon, the overrated FPS. I remember I dropped it after being bored with the main games and mods not satisfying me. The level that made me drop it was... Colony Ship Cheap for Sale, appropriately. :-D
If we had autists like these games' writers being used as brain-computers, we would have conquered the galaxy by now.
Speaking of, I always had the impression Durandal was like kind of a Game Master's God-NPC/average Old World of Darkness NPC that is simply better than you and wins at everything, going as far as to die and get better in the 2nd game, while the player is a glorified errand boy. In the third game, the player character shoves Durandal into his head for some reason, which lets it fuse with the Jaro AI inside the cyborg body and become even more god-like. Sure, the PC is also ascending and everything, but you're still a delivery boy of sorts.

Mauman

Learned
Ah, Marathon, the overrated FPS. I remember I dropped it after being bored with the main games and mods not satisfying me. The level that made me drop it was... Colony Ship Cheap for Sale, appropriately. :-D
If we had autists like these games' writers being used as brain-computers, we would have conquered the galaxy by now.
Speaking of, I always had the impression Durandal was like kind of a Game Master's God-NPC/average Old World of Darkness NPC that is simply better than you and wins at everything, going as far as to die and get better in the 2nd game, while the player is a glorified errand boy. In the third game, the player character shoves Durandal into his head for some reason, which lets it fuse with the Jaro AI inside the cyborg body and become even more god-like. Sure, the PC is also ascending and everything, but you're still a delivery boy of sorts.
My most fond memories of Marathon had to do with me making a level based on my middle school for a school project when Columbine went down.

That was an interesting trip to the office.

My teacher had ok'ed it (in fact he was actually really cool about it), so nothing happened, and despite being bullied I wasn't the shooter type (which the faculty knew). I was allowed to finish the level, present it to my class, and then the files were all confiscated and destroyed :/

Got an A.

Codex Year of the Donut
keeping this video in mind the next time a codexer tries to tell me troika didn't go under for buggy releases and nobody cared that their games were nearly unplayable

Baron Dupek

Arcane

"mind melting" sounds like average Sierra game when you try to understant developer's mind that created such "puzzle"

edit
it's going
and my mind is full of fuck
not entertaining as droods tho

edit2
OH SHIT THERE'S ANOTHER ONE??

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Slovakians team up with a Frenchman to adapt a German epic. I don't know what kind of fuel grade booze they've been drinking to make this, but it's made of fuck. Gotta agree with the king being by far the best thing in the game. And yes, he's voiced by a guy who voiced Goku at some point (David Gasman for the AB Group dub of the movies).

From the sound of it him getting Ring 2 working at all is the resulst of dark magicks and pacts with entities of the beyond.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

So Codex, are you able to watch this whole thing; 1. in fullscreen, & 2. without tabbing or looking away?

It's majestic, honestly. One of the best and most impressive VA performances I've ever heard in a computer game.

Zariusz

Arbiter
That dying dwarf sound effect sounds like it has the same source as classic Gothic death scream. I

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

So Codex, are you able to watch this whole thing; 1. in fullscreen, & 2. without tabbing or looking away?

It's majestic, honestly. One of the best and most impressive VA performances I've ever heard in a computer game.

I guess its a little weird for a French game, but outside of the Wagner playing furiously in the background I don't really get why this is supposed to be that bad.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
There should be more games in which you can be like king Alberich. He is amazing.

I unironically enjoyed that. It's so odd. Smashes right through bad into so bad it's outright inspired. Close to being outsider art.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Damn
The game was on 80% discount sale at GOG

This is really one those games I need to complete
I had it on my old toaster, back in 2014/2015, but didn't get to the point where the alien became part of regular gameplay
Then I bought my current desktop and never re-installed...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom