Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Marvel Lego (any format)

crufty

Arcane
is it me or is this one of the better & more ridiculous games released in 2013?

maybe i'm just an old fart but i am truly amazed from the snippets of gameplay that i have seen others play. the star wars, indiana jones & dc heroes just didn't do it for me really.

have years of rogue likes made me a easily dazzled by things the jaded gfx whore sees right thru--or is this game really that good?

so far i am loving the marvel cliches! good stuff. also--the ability to wander around nyc, causing mayhem.

only thing i wish--four player action!

crufty

Arcane
well,given that i'm an old fart, probably not as many as others.

but really, i thought i had. the legos series is well known to me, as is mario and sonic, rayman, etc. i am used to the hub -> jumping puzzle -> action -> jumping puzzle -> set piece w/quicktime event, etc

the integration of theme and gameplay is pretty tight, each of the characters really has different stuff to do (vs star wars and indiana jones, where they were all basically the same, except only the droid could hit the droid buttons, the wookie could hit the wookie buttons). I guess it's not that much different, instead of a droid button it is a glowing object, still, the feel is 180 from that. also the animation is really pretty cool. I thought anyway, all lego-y, very imaginative!

but that is why i ask--am i just like rip van winkle, who today, would wake up and be amazed by microwaves and instant coffee?

for example, super mario world 3d is a fun, solid platformer, but it didn't leave me thinking wow that is some cool shit. i did like super mario wii-u, that was some cool shit w/the gamepad and all. but man marvel i was like wtf is this. if i was 8 yrs old i would be having an orgy of destruction, plowing hulk through nyc, smashing every taxi in sight.

we have a wii-u so each player has their own screen--only way to co-op in my opinion.

so i guess nobody has really played it yet. i thought it was way more inventive and creative then i expected. again, i'm not playing it--just watching it casually every now and then.

Name

Cipher
The main missions are pretty cool and diverse and showcases major characters and settings from current movie franchises (MCU, X-MEN&F4, Amazing Spiderman), but the open-world feels pretty meh.
And I keep wondering What If they made a normal game (that is not LEGO bricks) with same gameplay... that would look cooler...
Still Deadpool is better than LEGO brick humor lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom