Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: RPGotY 2019?

Jason Liang

Arcane
Anounced on IGN! You be the judge!

Generic-Giant-Spider

If it doesn't have Blackheart or Shuma-Gorath as bosses then it's popamole dogshit that appeals to pregnant soccer moms and YouTube reaction video creators.

PsychoFox

Educated
Lol. I like the series as much as the next person back in the day, but it's hardly even an RPG. So much for RPGoTY.

PapaPetro

YOTHL4z.png

The Marvel Alliance games and the X-Men Legends games were pretty fun. But let's not kid ourselves with the "RPG" tag. They're glossed up versions of the old X-Men arcade game.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's going to be good, of course, because it's developed by Team Ninja.

It's just a shame that the superhero theme is shit.

YOTHL4z.png

The Marvel Alliance games and the X-Men Legends games were pretty fun. But let's not kid ourselves with the "RPG" tag. They're glossed up versions of the old X-Men arcade game.

The Legends games leaned more HACK AND SLASH RPG from what I remember. In those you actually had stats you'd put points into like Diablo 1 & 2. I think you also unlocked new moves in some of them as you leveled up. Although the Ultimate Alliance games basically made them pure beat 'em ups by removing stat management...I'm sure because that aspect could really slow up multiplayer. This one seems to have the most RPG elements they've had since the Legends games:

Given the direct control nature of them they always felt like beat 'em ups more than they felt like their point and click PC hack & slash counterparts. I always did wish the series learned something from Freedom Force, the first of which came a couple years before the first Legends games; this series really could have used the openness of some of its stages, as well as that games ability to pick up most anything if your character was strong enough. Then again it could have learned stuff from Power Stones and Urban Reign too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom