Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel's Avengers by Crystal Dynamics with Eidos Montreal - coming September 4th

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by LESS T_T, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Assisted Living Godzilla Arbiter

Assisted Living Godzilla
    She is a D-List superhero, she just pops up in stuff more than occasionally because Marvel keeps pushing here.

She's such a funny corporate product of the time she was made too. As a new Ms. Marvel, she should be a mutant given the originals long history with the X-Men. But Marvel was going through the most major portion of their bitchfit over Fox owning some of something they paid them for, so instead of being a mutant, she's tied into the Inhumans...which funnily enough are now going to be behind the Eternals as that other group of characters who aren't the X-Men.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    Huh they are pushed to the frantic cross-gen season. Delayed from May to September 4th: https://crystald.com/news/important-marvels-avengers-update

It's coincide with delaying Final Fantasy VII remake to April.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. <3sRichardSimmons Arcane Patron

<3sRichardSimmons
    I have high hopes that this is going to a dumpsterfire of epic proportions, overflowing with the butthurt and salty tears of a thousand manboys.

• Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Reading about this is tickling my nostalgia bone.

[​IMG]

I wonder if it would be actually fun to play this with my old high school friends I used to hang out in arcades with. Probably not, but maybe.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014

Steam page:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    Nothing like an opening salvo of costume microtransactions.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Dedicated_Dark Savant

Dedicated_Dark

Game seems impressively rubbish!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Assisted Living Godzilla Arbiter

Assisted Living Godzilla
    I wonder how much Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montrea hate that they've been saddled with Kamala Khan as the lead of their giant Avengers game? Kamala Khan, a character nobody actually gives a shit about, in some of the worst selling comics Marvel puts out. I'd guess they wanted Spider-Man, (Ms. Marvel is basically Spider-Man [with Mr. Fantastic powers] but without the personality, cool costume, or rogues' gallery) and Marvel was like: How about this character instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. J1M Arcane

J1M
    Anthem 2!

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I don't think I have ever seen a more underwhelming super hero to be honest. I liked Spiderman for PS4, and I guess I could have liked this, but Kamala Khan makes sure I have zero interest in it though.

^ Top  
  12. Dedicated_Dark Savant

Dedicated_Dark
    I bet it was Crystal Dynamics themselves that chose her. With the way the past 2 tomb raiders have been, I can't think much else.

^ Top  
  13. Blutwurstritter Learned

Blutwurstritter
    Does this have local coop ? I remember having played some Marvel superhero game 10-15 years
    ago in coop with my brothers. It was some sort of top-down view beat-em-up with up to 4 players
    in local coop. Is it similar to Fighting Force or something different ?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    ^ Top  
  14. Assisted Living Godzilla Arbiter

Assisted Living Godzilla
    Unless things have changed, this game stupidly will not have local co-op.

They did make a new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game with Team Ninja, although it's only on Switch, which does have local co-op. The previous ones by Raven Software, or their X-Men Legends games are most likely what you played in the past.

^ Top  
  15. Blutwurstritter Learned

Blutwurstritter
    Thank you, X-Men Legends 1/2 are among the titles i was thinking of, also Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1.

^ Top  
  16. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I started seriously wondering if it was a mobile first game for a while. The whole equipment/levelup and basic combat mechanics looked very f2p pw2 mobile game to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Assisted Living Godzilla Arbiter

Assisted Living Godzilla
    Replayed this a number of years ago at a retro bar. It's still good.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    Deus Ex died for this
    looks fun though
    Also shouldn't this go in MMO/Online discussion since it's a Destiny/Warframe-like game?

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    ^ Top  
  21. DJOGamer PT Arcane

DJOGamer PT
    It really is amazing on western devs can do good action combat to save their lives...

Also I don't know if said this already but there's absolutely no reason for a super-heroes videogames to go it a realistic look instead of the colourful artstyle of a comic book. Specially when the live-action movies themselves are already ditching the "realistic" approach.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  23. aweigh Arcane

aweigh
    imagine spending (probably) 100-150 million dollars to fund an Avengers game with AAA production values but neglect to get the likenesses

lol

also game looks like shit. My original comment on the new reveal:

^ Top  
  24. Trans-Financial-Man Savant

Trans-Financial-Man
    In it's defence, it's clearly not meant to be set in the MCU. It's it's own universe alongside the Spider-Man game on PS4. The likenesses of the MCU actors probably cost more than the entire budget of the game for something that is ultimately pointless. The game looks like it's trying to put all that cash towards an average Warframe rip off. But without the satisfying gameplay. Or the tedious grind. I'd have thought the special needs Funko Pops slurpers would be all over this but the lack of marketing is really hurting it. No one seems to care.

^ Top  
  25. baud Cipher Patron

baud
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    But I think using that realist style is inviting all the comparisons with the MCU. If they didn't want to get, they should have gone for a more comic book style

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.