Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Card-Based Marvel's Midnight Suns - Marvel universe card-based tactical RPG from Firaxis

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could this be the last hero video?

Embrace the lure of the darkness, or step toward the light? The choice is yours.

Christopher Odd is here to show how to get the most from the Hunter, the new, fully-customizable hero coming to Marvel’s Midnight Suns.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Am I a bad person for wanting this game to bomb so Firaxis can go back to making Xcom games? (I had a feeling their 3rd would be best one yet)

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Probably pushed so they didn't have two Marvel card games launching at the same time. (Snap mid October)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

From a mundane childhood to the Queen of Limbo, Magik has had quite the journey!

Join Comicstorian to learn how Magik grew to become such a powerful sorceress before she joins the Midnight Suns on December 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

With Soulsword in hand and extraordinary teleportation abilities at her disposal, Lilith’s army better beware of Magik!

Go in-depth into Illyana’s powerful mutant abilities through our gameplay showcase, featuring 2K NextMaker and strategy gamer extraordinaire, Christopher Odd.

That intro has some really low energy music for something that's meant to be a take on the '92 X-Men cartoon intro. They also fucked up on the character's title fonts; one of the cool things about the X-Men intro was they all looked liked their own unique titles, but there they gave them all a unified color scheme.

Scarlet Witch was on both the good and bad guys side.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
That intro has some really low energy music for something that's meant to be a take on the '92 X-Men cartoon intro. They also fucked up on the character's title fonts; one of the cool things about the X-Men intro was they all looked liked their own unique titles, but there they gave them all a unified color scheme.

Fuck yeah, the best animated series opening! (alongside Batman Animated / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Firaxis are shit and so are their knockoff UFO and Civ games
I've played Open X-Com recently and it's still the better game, even though it's two decades older than the Firaxis version.
377236.png

Fuck yeah, the best animated series opening! (alongside Batman Animated / Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

The intros (especially the first one) made for the Japanese airing is even better.

Although the original one is definitely up there as one of the all time great intros. ThunderCats and the GI Joe movie intro are two of the best too, as is the SilverHawks one.

I didn't know until like a year ago that, that TMNT intro was done by Æon Flux creator Peter Chung. He did the character designs on that show too, which means there could've been a version of that show that looked like a Peter Chung cartoon.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
The intros (especially the first one) made for the Japanese airing is even better.

There is a Japanese intro for X-men?! Hahaha, haven't seen it before, now my life is complete :D
I give that intro a 10 / Rogue's butt.
a3ilfcwf1q5z.jpg

Didn't know about TMNT fact either. These storyboards looks exactly like Eastman & Laird's original works. I like the cartoon for what it is and nostalgia, but I wish it was closer to the '80s Mirage comics. I watched the show as a kid; when I read the original comics years later, I got surprised. Character's psychologies are perfectly painted; turtles exile from New York, April O'Neil's character development, Casey Jones' tragic arc etc...

Tony

Novice
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This is a bit off-topic, but has anyone seen the new Isom comic? I know there was some controversy around it, with a lot of hate from modern fans of Marvel and DC due to the writer being 'anti-woke' or not woke or not woke enough or something along those lines. The whole situation is confusing since the the author is African-American. I did a forum search for Isom and nothing came up, but it could be discussed in a forum I don't have access to with my newbie plebian status.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Blade is a man on a mission, but it’s a mission that was born out of tragedy.

Join Comicstorian to discover how Blade became a living weapon and the undead’s worst nightmare before he joins the Midnight Suns on December 2.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Strength. Stamina. Martial Arts Skills. Blade has got them all! Go in-depth into Blade’s vampirically enhanced abilities through our gameplay showcase, featuring 2K NextMaker and strategy gamer extraordinaire, Christopher Odd.

Hobknobling

Learned
That intro has some really low energy music for something that's meant to be a take on the '92 X-Men cartoon intro.
Probably some recycled stuff from the movies. This is an old video, but it pretty much sums up why the music is garbage in almost any modern blockbuster but especially in Disney's pig slop franchises:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

She might be a Runaway, but the baddies will be the ones running away from her power!

Join Nico and the Midnight Suns when the game launches December 2!

somerandomdude

Learned

Firaxis are shit and so are their knockoff UFO and Civ games
I've played Open X-Com recently and it's still the better game, even though it's two decades older than the Firaxis version.
377236.png

True story, but I somehow missed 2 shots like that in a row, not just one! And, I was using a shotgun. I had to mod the shit out of Xcom to actually enjoy it. It's more like "Come at me bro, I'll take your 2 best shots, before I eviscerate your bowels with my 40% chance to hit move!"

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom