Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Card-Based Marvel's Midnight Suns - Marvel universe card-based tactical RPG from Firaxis

deuxhero

Arcane
I'll say it again: Even as someone that likes non-roguelite single player card game games, this looks rubbish. Throw in SJW Marvel shit and I have no hope this will be anything but a disaster.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I wasn't interested in or expecting much from this game; But delaying it makes me suspect the Codex's worse half is right in saying this is gonna be a pile of shit.

Maybe they'll use that time to make it not look like shit.

Wonder if the delay is game related or movies related? Covid pushed Marvel's whole movie slate back a year. Maybe Marvel wanted this releasing a few months before Blade, which pre-COVID was probably planned to come out October or November of this year, but is now coming around the end of next year.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Snikt! When the claws are out, his enemies better watch out!

Discover Wolverine’s unique abilities and tactics through our gameplay showcase, featuring 2K NextMaker and strategy gamer extraordinaire, Christopher Odd.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

With a past like hers, it's fitting that Wanda’s specialty is Chaos Magic.

Comicstorian takes you through the tragic history of Scarlet Witch and fills you in on what you need to know about Wanda before she joins the Midnight Suns.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Seriously, why are you doing it? Are you unironically getting paid somehow? There is no engagement in the thread, obviously no-one cares.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Seriously, why are you doing it? Are you unironically getting paid somehow? There is no engagement in the thread, obviously no-one cares.
Disney contributes $1000 to the Codex for every update on this game posted by Infinitron; you should be glad he has the best interests of this forum at heart. :M

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I care about the game, got into Griftlands lately so I kinda understand the appeal of deck building gameplay now, but frankly there's not much to say about these trailers, just a few cinematic-ish footages of abilities and poorly edited voicelines stitched together.

Will care again once they reveal Moon Knight, or Punisher :greatjob:

Codex Year of the Donut
I care about the game, got into Griftlands lately so I kinda understand the appeal of deck building gameplay now, but frankly there's not much to say about these trailers, just a few cinematic-ish footages of abilities and poorly edited voicelines stitched together.
If you're looking for deckbuilding games, I recently positively reviewed two.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...like-ultima-and-wizardry.136770/#post-8043839
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...started-board-game.125474/page-4#post-8055594

Modron

Arcane
Still disappointed they turned Griftlands into a card game instead of the RPG they originally envisioned and sold us.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

With her all powerful Chaos Magic, one thing is clear. Don't make an enemy of the Scarlet Witch.

Discover Wanda's powerful magic and abilities through our gameplay showcase, featuring 2K NextMaker and strategy gamer extraordinaire, Christopher Odd.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

After centuries of slumber, The Hunter is back to fulfill their destiny.

Learn the story of this all-new hero, the impending conflict against Lilith, and much more about the Midnight Suns from Comicstorian!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom