Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect 3 VGA gameplay trailer

Discussion in 'BioWare' started by IronicNeurotic, Dec 11, 2011.

1. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    ^ Top  
  2. Nattvardsvin Learned

Nattvardsvin
    "Gameplay"
    RUN AND RUN AND RUN
    AND THEN RUN SOME

^ Top  
  3. attackfighter Magister

attackfighter
    Wow, another retarded trailer within 24 hours of the Diablo one. Must be some kind of game convention or something.

I like how the giant laser turret kept on completely missing Shepard, even though he wasn't really dodging. Oh and also did Shepard say "holy shit" right before it started shooting? Yeah quality writing there, make your characters swear at random intervals so the kids know they're playing a mature game.

^ Top  
  4. Freelance Henchman Arcane

Freelance Henchman
    Project: Eternity
    Awesomely retarded or retardedly awesome, which is better and why?

^ Top  
  5. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
    Worse, its the VGAs (Video Gaming Awards)

They actually teabagged a dev on stage.

And this is the most popular award show for gaming.

^ Top  
  6. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
  7. Nattvardsvin Learned

Nattvardsvin
    I like the one stating that mostly everyone not liking are from /v/.

^ Top  
  8. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Good to know that Bioware is already preparing to blame 4chan and the codex for the inevitable shitstorm
    :thumbsup:

^ Top  
  9. IronicNeurotic Arbiter

IronicNeurotic
  10. ortucis Prophet

ortucis
    Looks good. I like ME. As long as they don't fuck it up like DA2, I am ok with it.

^ Top  
  11. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    SHEPARDS!!!!

:yeah:

^ Top  
  12. Fens Ford of the Llies

Fens
    how's that a trailer ? it doesn't say anything about the game apart from: you'll be fighting a huge laser shooting robot that can't aim for shit and a massive centipede will help you for some reason... i'm totally intrigued :roll:

and why does shepard do a wolverine impression at the end ?

also: get a new avatar, Nattvardsvin... i got confused when i opened this thread and couldn't remember writing that stuff
    thanks

^ Top  
  13. attackfighter Magister

attackfighter
    Those giant centipedes are thresher maws.

Shepard kills them with ease using only small arms. Guess someone should tell that reaper getting his ass kicked to downgrade his arsenal :D

^ Top  
  14. Serious_Business Best Poster on the Codex

Serious_Business
    More Sheperds in my mouth!

Shit has never been so extreme. Rollin' and shit exploding everywhere and pressing the switch to enable the next cutscene

Can't fuckin' wait

:yeah:

^ Top  
  15. Oriebam Formerly M4AE1BR0-something

Oriebam
    Looks like shit, and the game itself is probably going to look even worse. Good job bioware. Maybe the popamole is going to be more fun besides shitty unskippable sequences.

what
    in ME2 the thresher maw bossfight was p. long and in ME1 you had to use APC-attached weapons to take it down, and the fucking thing would destroy you if you tried to ram iit IIRC

I was going to whine about gamers in general not being capable of judging shit properly but then I remembered people in general are like that. M:

^ Top  
  16. Jiggy Boobles TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™ Patron

Jiggy Boobles
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Looks like a p. cool movie, they just need to get rid of those annoying pieces in between that require the player to do something. Holding down that "run" button AND pressing A at the right moment is teh hard. What do they think this is, an RPG?

^ Top  
  17. RPGMaster Savant

RPGMaster
    Why is Shepard running like his butthole hurts?

Oh right...

^ Top  
  18. Quetzacoatl Liturgist

Quetzacoatl
    I'm still pissed that Bioware won't allow you to import a dead Shepard save.

^ Top  
  19. Johnny the Mule Educated

Johnny the Mule
    So its like every TES garbage since Daggerfall, every shittastic, 3d, over the shoulder or fpv running simulator?
    How surprising!

^ Top  
  20. Fens Ford of the Llies

Fens
    oh yeah those things... i don't remember them jumping around that much, but you're right it's them... good thing bioware sticks with the more tedious stuff when it comes to sequels

^ Top  
  21. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    I wonder if it's possible to recruit the thresher maw and romance it?

^ Top  
  22. racofer Thread Incliner

racofer
    Nope. I killed all of them on foot with my soldier on insanity since it earned me a truckload of extra XP. And even so, in ME2 it was somewhat long but you could easily kill it using biotics (warp/reave) and your squadmates' abilities.

Turning a Thresher Maw into a Reaper killer is sort of retarded. A Reaper could've easily killed it with its lasers, given that, again in ME1, we saw Sovereign tear through Alliance vessels with it in one hit. Killing a Maw wouldn't take more than one short as well.

Also, aren't Reapers supposed to be super advanced collective AIs? No way it would miss all of its shots as the trailer showed us. This only reinforces what I've said months ago in my ME3 feature list thread where I said Reapers would have a kill switch. Bioware probably realized that depicting the Reapers as nearly unstoppable foes in ME1 was like shooting itself on its foot, so Biodevs had to improvise. They know their audience, so in ME2 we didn't see any Reapers and now they're back and are killable in retarded ways by creatures we could melee to death in ME1 (literally). Talk about retconning!

^ Top  
  23. Angthoron Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Angthoron
    Reaper Age: The Stolen Council.

"Run Sheperds, run!"

And run they did.

^ Top  
  24. torpid Liturgist

torpid
    Most popular Youtube comment:

The Internet is like those "let's put chocolate chips in your chocolate" desserts: let's sprinkle your shit sandwich with shitty memes so you can really taste it right.

Purge them, purge them all

I like how during that running sequence Shepard is never in any real danger whatsoever. It literally is just move forward and watch the 'splodies.

^ Top  
  25. Machocruz Arcane

Machocruz
    Has "cinematic" gaming produced anything of value? I like how that enemy could do nothing as he rolled past.

I assume the video represents the total of player controlled "gameplay" in the entire game.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.