Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect 3 VGA gameplay trailer

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
Short Summary

megif226zpr.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q10u2SIQ ... e=youtu.be

attackfighter

Magister
Wow, another retarded trailer within 24 hours of the Diablo one. Must be some kind of game convention or something.

I like how the giant laser turret kept on completely missing Shepard, even though he wasn't really dodging. Oh and also did Shepard say "holy shit" right before it started shooting? Yeah quality writing there, make your characters swear at random intervals so the kids know they're playing a mature game.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter
attackfighter said:
Wow, another retarded trailed within 24 hours of the Diablo one. Must be some kind of game convention or something.

Worse, its the VGAs (Video Gaming Awards)

They actually teabagged a dev on stage.

And this is the most popular award show for gaming.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
retarded Bioware fan said:
People should realize that most of the "hater" comments are actually the combined butthurt from /v/ which is pretty obvious if you look at the style of their writing.

/v/ideogames is a "small" community on 4chan.org and most of them just hate BioWare and all their products, but oh they love their Witcher games, To be honest, i stopped caring about it a long time ago. You people should too, so let them have their indie/JRPGs for themselves.

That said, Gears of War has nothing on this epicness.

Good to know that Bioware is already preparing to blame 4chan and the codex for the inevitable shitstorm
:thumbsup:

ortucis

Prophet
Looks good. I like ME. As long as they don't fuck it up like DA2, I am ok with it.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
how's that a trailer ? it doesn't say anything about the game apart from: you'll be fighting a huge laser shooting robot that can't aim for shit and a massive centipede will help you for some reason... i'm totally intrigued :roll:

and why does shepard do a wolverine impression at the end ?

also: get a new avatar, Nattvardsvin... i got confused when i opened this thread and couldn't remember writing that stuff
thanks

attackfighter

Magister
Fens said:
how's that a trailer ? it doesn't say anything about the game apart from: you'll be fighting a huge laser shooting robot that can't aim for shit and a massive centipede will help you for some reason... i'm totally intrigued :roll:

also: get a new avatar, Nattvardsvin... i got confused when i opened this thread and couldn't remember writing that stuff

Those giant centipedes are thresher maws.

Shepard kills them with ease using only small arms. Guess someone should tell that reaper getting his ass kicked to downgrade his arsenal :D

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
More Sheperds in my mouth!

Shit has never been so extreme. Rollin' and shit exploding everywhere and pressing the switch to enable the next cutscene

Can't fuckin' wait

:yeah:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Looks like shit, and the game itself is probably going to look even worse. Good job bioware. Maybe the popamole is going to be more fun besides shitty unskippable sequences.

attackfighter said:
Fens said:

Shepard kills them with ease using only small arms. Guess someone should tell that reaper getting his ass kicked to downgrade his arsenal :D
what
in ME2 the thresher maw bossfight was p. long and in ME1 you had to use APC-attached weapons to take it down, and the fucking thing would destroy you if you tried to ram iit IIRC

someone in the comments said:
So no one else is reminded of Dune, where Giant Sandworms are summoned by a vibarting Hammer ie/ a Thumper... Come to think of it the Krogan are an excellent analogy for the Freman also. Am a little shocked that I seem to be the only one who noticed the reference.

Also please; Bioware is renowned for excellent story telling, we don't need to worry about that, this video looks sick!
I was going to whine about gamers in general not being capable of judging shit properly but then I remembered people in general are like that. M:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Looks like a p. cool movie, they just need to get rid of those annoying pieces in between that require the player to do something. Holding down that "run" button AND pressing A at the right moment is teh hard. What do they think this is, an RPG?

Johnny the Mule

Educated
Nattvardsvin said:
"Gameplay"
RUN AND RUN AND RUN
AND THEN RUN SOME
So its like every TES garbage since Daggerfall, every shittastic, 3d, over the shoulder or fpv running simulator?
How surprising!

Fens

Ford of the Llies
M4BE1R0 said:
attackfighter said:
Fens said:

what
in ME2 the thresher maw bossfight was p. long and in ME1 you had to use APC-attached weapons to take it down, and the fucking thing would destroy you if you tried to ram iit IIRC
oh yeah those things... i don't remember them jumping around that much, but you're right it's them... good thing bioware sticks with the more tedious stuff when it comes to sequels

racofer

Thread Incliner
M4BE1R0 said:
...in ME1 you had to use APC-attached weapons to take it down, and the fucking thing would destroy you if you tried to ram iit IIRC

Nope. I killed all of them on foot with my soldier on insanity since it earned me a truckload of extra XP. And even so, in ME2 it was somewhat long but you could easily kill it using biotics (warp/reave) and your squadmates' abilities.

Turning a Thresher Maw into a Reaper killer is sort of retarded. A Reaper could've easily killed it with its lasers, given that, again in ME1, we saw Sovereign tear through Alliance vessels with it in one hit. Killing a Maw wouldn't take more than one short as well.

Also, aren't Reapers supposed to be super advanced collective AIs? No way it would miss all of its shots as the trailer showed us. This only reinforces what I've said months ago in my ME3 feature list thread where I said Reapers would have a kill switch. Bioware probably realized that depicting the Reapers as nearly unstoppable foes in ME1 was like shooting itself on its foot, so Biodevs had to improvise. They know their audience, so in ME2 we didn't see any Reapers and now they're back and are killable in retarded ways by creatures we could melee to death in ME1 (literally). Talk about retconning!

Angthoron

Arcane
Reaper Age: The Stolen Council.

"Run Sheperds, run!"

And run they did.

torpid

Liturgist
Most popular Youtube comment:

I used to threaten all sentient life in the Galaxy, then I took a Thresher Maw to the knee

darthnick427 il y a 17 minutes

The Internet is like those "let's put chocolate chips in your chocolate" desserts: let's sprinkle your shit sandwich with shitty memes so you can really taste it right.

Purge them, purge them all

I like how during that running sequence Shepard is never in any real danger whatsoever. It literally is just move forward and watch the 'splodies.

Machocruz

Arcane
Has "cinematic" gaming produced anything of value? I like how that enemy could do nothing as he rolled past.

I assume the video represents the total of player controlled "gameplay" in the entire game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom