Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Better check out MicoSelva's IP as well.

donkeymong

Scholar
I miss the old Mass Effect where you explored space
you never explored space, you explored different color swapped empty zones with bunkers.

Well, realisticly, thats exactly what to expect. In the solar system, Earth is the only planet that isnt an "empty space".
And pirats, Exo Geni and Cerberius would conduct their activities in such places, where the risk to be discovered is low.

sullynathan

Arcane
Well, realisticly, thats exactly what to expect. In the solar system, Earth is the only planet that isnt an "empty space".
And pirats, Exo Geni and Cerberius would conduct their activities in such places, where the risk to be discovered is low.
Mass effect isn't realistic and there were other planets in the galaxy that harbored intelligent life yet we never visited them in game.

donkeymong

Scholar
Mass effect isn't realistic and there were other planets in the galaxy that harbored intelligent life yet we never visited them in game.
Of course not, but the first game atleast tried to be close to it und to make sense, like all squadmembers having proper armor
and wearing helmets on planets with hazards...

sullynathan

Arcane
Of course not, but the first game atleast tried to be close to it und to make sense, like all squadmembers having proper armor
and wearing helmets on planets with hazards...
In ME1 you were a helmet on every planet, that's the weirdest thing with ME2 pretty much turning into clothes instead of armor

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
C5hRnojU8AAZ5KX.jpg

C5fvMwtVUAAtduG.jpg

C5fvM5pUoAEh5L9.jpg

C5fvNHpUoAEVz7g.jpg

I know the faces will be the least of this game's problems, but if you put down money for this garbage then you belong in a gulag.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
It's a dumb statement. You may as well have claimed that it is a great purchase "because some PCs also have 1TB of storage!" ignoring the fact that where one spec may have a similar number it doesn't mean anything about actual performance because that 1TB is a 5400rpm garbage drive that belongs in an old laptop. It's not even a 7200rpm drive, let alone an SSD like PCs have used for a decade.

The "extra performance" version of modern consoles have 25% of the RAM that I have on my desktop... and my employer-purchased machine at work. It's not even in the same class. It's also not what console manufacturers target. They want the whole PS4 market, so they will build something that runs on that console that had outdated hardware when it was released in 2013.

Even mentioning "4K" in the context of consoles is hilarious. Most games use goofy tricks to try and make 30fps sound like 60fps in the marketing materials or upscale 720p to 1080p.

Is there a single console game that actually renders 3840×2160 pixels at 60fps?

I'm not sure why you're talking about RAM and hard drive speeds. You laughed at the statement that the PS4 Pro wasn't far off the recommended GPU spec, but it's true, it's not far off it, it's using a custom GPU based on the RX 470. The minimum spec for the GPU is actually weaker than a base PS4 is, and the recommended is slightly higher than the PS4 Pro. The RX 470 is about 90% of the performance of the 480 in the recommended spec.

J1M

Arcane
Here you go: "one spec may have a similar number but it doesn't mean anything about actual performance"

Let's get back to talking about Andromeda. I wonder if it will be possible to turn down companions from joining or to solo the game. I've noticed a steep decline in Bioware companion personalities since the day of HK-47. For example, going out of my way to kill off Zevren and turning down requests by others to join the party.

Although I would be open to specific missions/challenges that are tailored to challenge a specific group setup... not expecting that we'll see that level of game design though.

Durian Eater

Learned
For example, going out of my way to kill off Zevren and turning down requests by others to join the party.

The greatest decline in Bioware's companions has been removing the opportunity to kill or at least torment them. Wherever DA2 may have failed, it at least gave you the opportunity to ruin the lives of that irritating cast of misfits. In DA:I, with a few exceptions, you can either care about your companions' uninteresting personal issues or ignore them. I expect this game will be more of the same.

Tytus

Arcane
Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

Padzi

Arbiter
you never explored space, you explored different color swapped empty zones with bunkers.

I am a fan of walking simulators so there is that and ME1 maps had that calming atmosphere. It gave me a sense of of freedom. In my opinion this is what exploration should be about. I can give Bioware that.

In ME1 you were a helmet on every planet, that's the weirdest thing with ME2 pretty much turning into clothes instead of armor

ME1 was great with when ii introduced the concept that majority of the planets were inhospitable. But on the other hand it was kinda annoying that everyone you met either wanted to kill you or were already dead themselves. ME2 wanted to add more npc interactions but in return they went full retard and had things like Jack not wearing any clothes while in vacuum of space.

This degenerate is a codexer?

D4Qnqhr.jpg

He doesn't even know the lore the game he is working on. He said first thing that came to his mind and when people pointed out that Asari don't work that and the crazy Asari is older than the contact with Humanity he tried to use the excuse he misspoke. The guy should spend more time on the Codex maybe it would make him a little more professional.

Deleted member 7219

Fuck, this is just embarrassing.

Too early to tell if the characters are ugly from SJWism or just sheer incompetence. Judging by BioWare's latest output (SWTOR, DAI, ME3) I'd say it is the latter.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I am a fan of walking simulators so there is that and ME1 maps had that calming atmosphere. It gave me a sense of of freedom. In my opinion this is what exploration should be about. I can give Bioware that.

ME1 was great with when ii introduced the concept that majority of the planets were inhospitable. But on the other hand it was kinda annoying that everyone you met either wanted to kill you or were already dead themselves. ME2 wanted to add more npc interactions but in return they went full retard and had things like Jack not wearing any clothes while in vacuum of space.

D4Qnqhr.jpg

He doesn't even know the lore the game he is working on. He said first thing that came to his mind and when people pointed out that Asari don't work that and the crazy Asari is older than the contact with Humanity he tried to use the excuse he misspoke. The guy should spend more time on the Codex maybe it would make him a little more professional.
Dumbfuckery is all encompassing at Bioware, they are making shit up as they go.

pippin

So the new asari is ugly because of racemixing? There must be an UK planet in outer spess

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom