Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
That seems a bit farfetched... I don't know if we "which is probably a reference to Sally Ride, the first American woman in space"

Oh.. nvm

pippin

It would be counter productive for Bioware to force their players to be one gender. Their speech is based on tolerance and genderfluid shit. No, your character will be a "being", an "entity".
But seriously, I think it's really boring that your character has to be human. I mean, I can be a cute twilek girl in Jedi Academy, why can't I be an autistic salarian nerd in ME?

Gender is a social construct. ME Andromeda will feature genderless characters.
You laugh, but a Geth protagonist would actually incline a BW game to no end: no romances, no followers' daddy issues to resolve, no homotional engagements to cringe through. Just XTREME collar grabbing and logical dialogue options that always end in NPC getting shot in the face as the most effective solution to every problem.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
No romances? Wrong... You will have even more romance companions, everything from computers, to starship, to toaster, to live aliens humans and assorted wildlife, if you invest in the cyber cock or pussy upgrade paths.

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
It would be counter productive for Bioware to force their players to be one gender. Their speech is based on tolerance and genderfluid shit. No, your character will be a "being", an "entity".
But seriously, I think it's really boring that your character has to be human. I mean, I can be a cute twilek girl in Jedi Academy, why can't I be an autistic salarian nerd in ME?

Cause they should rewrite dialogues and the main plot in order to match different races.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Unless the Colony ship left before the ending of ME3. And they weren't affected by the green shit wave, like the rest of the galaxy.
Yeah, that may well be the concept. Reapers were about to invade, no hope in sight, so humanity sent out a colony ship in the hopes of preserving their race. Makes sense and avoids them having to maintain any of the previous choices. Fits with the commander shepard voiceover in the trailer too.

Tytus

Arcane
So, they stole VD generation ship story?

Nah, Bioware, on twitter, confirmed earlier the existance of a wormhole to the Andromeda Galaxy. So they took a shortcut and didn't had to fly for decades/hundreds/thousands of years to the other Galaxy. Because you know that would be interesting concept and Bioware can't have those.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Nah, Bioware, on twitter, confirmed earlier the existance of a wormhole to the Andromeda Galaxy. So they took a shortcut and didn't had to fly for decades/hundreds/thousands of years to the other Galaxy. Because you know that would be interesting concept and Bioware can't have those.

I find it fascinating the way Bioware seemingly cannot write in their established setting without some game changer happening. Same shit happened in Dragon Age and than BAM, Fade Rifts and all that nonsense. It's as if they're creatively bankrupt without some McGuffin to kick off their new story because actually working with already existing elements is so beyond their abilities.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
They are still capable of writing some interesting characters, Solas for example is a relatable villain, and the subtle hints at his deeper opinions are well done.

anus_pounder

Arcane
They are still capable of writing some interesting characters, Solas for example is a relatable villain, and the subtle hints at his deeper opinions are well done.

Agreed, but that makes me rage all the more because either they're all idiot savants or they actually know how to write good characters but refuse to do so consistently.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
I find it fascinating the way Bioware seemingly cannot write in their established setting without some game changer happening. Same shit happened in Dragon Age and than BAM, Fade Rifts and all that nonsense. It's as if they're creatively bankrupt without some McGuffin to kick off their new story because actually working with already existing elements is so beyond their abilities.

It is indeed fascinating (given the amount of money they have) and explains why their games are considered by the monocled connaiser as so internally inconsistent as to be little more than Saturday Morning Cartoon level that should be marketed to sub12 yo kids.

Oesophagus

Arcane
If a tree falls in a forest, and only Bioware is there to write itself into a corner, is the tree bisexual?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

You are aware this is being developed by an entire different division of BioWare right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom