Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
Call me shirley, but isn't Ultima V: Lazarus just a port? And doesn't that means this Ian Frazier dude has no track record on writing. Reminder that he's joining the company with worse writing in the gaming industry, barring maybe Bethesdard.

According to Frazier, his chief responsibility is ensuring the game is fun.

Well, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the Mass Effect crowd will probably find the game fun if it is minimally close to the :popamole:gameplay and shitty collar grabing plus alien romances of the previous titles.

Or maybe I should vacate the premises and this thread is to be populated of actual fans of this shit franchise? I don't mind leaving in the least, I'm here mostly to mock or with the self-aware naïve hope that they'll make a product that passes my lowest standards of enjoyable entertainment.

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy

racofer

Thread Incliner
Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 were very enjoyable games from BioWare.
And it's too bad ME3 sort of ruined them by completely ignoring the progress you make on those games. Not surprising, but still a letdown.

I would really have liked to eventually do a full replay of the three games, even more so if they actually did that remastered edition with all three of them combined using the same mechanics on all games.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Eh Mass Effect was ok for what it was, with 2 it went downhill.

Oesophagus

Arcane
And it's too bad ME3 sort of ruined them by completely ignoring the progress you make on those games. Not surprising, but still a letdown.

I would really have liked to eventually do a full replay of the three games, even more so if they actually did that remastered edition with all three of them combined using the same mechanics on all games.

Which ME mechanics would you chose?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
ME1 had shit shooting mechanics and terrible itemization/exploration, it's gameplay systems weren't very good for what it tried to achieve.

I don't know. ME1 shooting was based on your skill level so they were two very different experiences. I do agree that the skill system they had could have done with less points to spend on less boxes. In ME2 they fixed that by getting rid of half the skills. And I would rather take poor itemization than no itemization. Yeah the exploring was sort of lame but there was no exploring in M2.

I don't know. I have long thought ME2 is one of the worst things that has happened to action RPGs. It was the first of the of Bioware games that just suck ass. DA1 was OK for what it was trying to do. ME1 I enjoyed. ME2, ME3, DA2, DA3 are all terrible.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
To each their own i guess. I'm just happy that they are focusing on ME instead of DA next.

I agree with you there. The ME setting can still be salvaged and I have silly hope about this game. It feels like the silly hope I have for the new Star Wars movie so I know I am going to be massively disappointed.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I agree with you there. The ME setting can still be salvaged and I have silly hope about this game. It feels like the silly hope I have for the new Star Wars movie so I know I am going to be massively disappointed.

Since Andromeda will also have the same shitty forced Multi-player, that completely ruined the encounter and area design of Mass Effect 3 (unlike ME and ME2), it will be complete garbage. I have 0% expectations for it.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Every mass effect game has had multiple enemy races, I dont mind that you will be fighting human cerberus.

What has me excited about the game is the exploration aspect. DAI proved that Bioware is capable of making some great levels, and huge ones at that, with the frostbite engine.

Exploring huge open levels in a sci-fi environment, with the make a difference a jet pack has the potential to be great.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Judging by recent bioware releases and design approach I expect ME4 to be exactly like this:
ckFHo5q.jpg

pippin

The real question is: will Cerberus be able to build a waifu with a giant ass again?

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
All NPC's will be romanceable. You will also be able to romance yourself.

During combat, all characters will wear super cool space armor. Outside of combat, everyone will have nigh-impossible "physical" proportions rarely seen outside of hentai.

I wish Bioware would just do away with the pretense already. They had better name their next game Dragon Age: Dating Simulator, or... I'll complain about it on an obscure RPG forum no one takes seriously.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
The saddest part is their dating simulators are worse than 90% of the crap one New Grounds.

Seriously it's just an 'interrogation'. "Tell me about your father." "Tell me about your training." "What do you really want?" "Have you ever been loved." "What do you think about XYZ." "Tell me something about yourself." "Explain to me how the xyz part of your culture works." "What daddy issues do you have specifically?" *renegade "What are your measurements?"

It's so clinical and formulaic. At least their earlier stuff attempted to insert some two way elements into the procedure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom