Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Unwanted

Irenaeus II

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
"Tell me about your father." is a time-tested approach in the PUA community. Bioware sure took notes.

"What do you really want?" The answer is obvious: I wanna I wanna I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ha.

Zeriel

Arcane
Every mass effect game has had multiple enemy races, I dont mind that you will be fighting human cerberus.

What has me excited about the game is the exploration aspect. DAI proved that Bioware is capable of making some great levels, and huge ones at that, with the frostbite engine.

Exploring huge open levels in a sci-fi environment, with the make a difference a jet pack has the potential to be great.

You really want another DA:I? The fact that the survey leak said it would be that was the main reason I'm worried about this game being utter shit. It's like they want to bury Mass Effect so badly it will never return, it is their golden egg and instead of sticking to the formula they're trying to "modernize" it (open world, empty world, less focus on main narrative/scripted stuff, lots of busywork), which I really doubt their audience wants.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You really want another DA:I? The fact that the survey leak said it would be that was the main reason I'm worried about this game being utter shit. It's like they want to bury Mass Effect so badly it will never return, it is their golden egg and instead of sticking to the formula they're trying to "modernize" it (open world, empty world, less focus on main narrative/scripted stuff, lots of busywork), which I really doubt their audience wants.

Tbh it can't be easy for them to resist going open-wurld, seeing how almost all major OW games in the last 10 years were successful, sometimes ridiculously so. You're right ofc if they do so it's gonna be fucking shit and they'll bury ME as irreversibly as DAI buried the Dragon Age universe.

Zeriel

Arcane

Tbh it can't be easy for them to resist going open-wurld, seeing how almost all major OW games in the last 10 years were successful, sometimes ridiculously so. You're right ofc if they do so it's gonna be fucking shit and they'll bury ME as irreversibly as DAI buried the Dragon Age universe.

It's an old saw, but blindly copying the competition is the quickest way to go out of business.

Admittedly it's really obvious Bioware has lost any internal compass or sense of confidence about their brand, that probably says the most about where they're at. I guess if most of the old crew left they don't have much choice but to copy what everyone else is doing. I thought the Mass Effect studio was different people and perhaps had a different approach, though, it's horrifying seeing them go after the same design principles of DA:I as if they believe everything complained about in that game (mission table ESPECIALLY) was a good idea.

imweasel

All NPC's will be romanceable. You will also be able to romance yourself.

During combat, all characters will wear super cool space armor. Outside of combat, everyone will have nigh-impossible "physical" proportions rarely seen outside of hentai.

I wish Bioware would just do away with the pretense already. They had better name their next game Dragon Age: Dating Simulator, or... I'll complain about it on an obscure RPG forum no one takes seriously.
They should just cut out all of the shooting as well as exploring and make it an alien fuckfest with a story for the pervs and beastiality lovers on BSN. That is they really want anyway, those fucking sick ass weirdos.

pippin

From what I've seen, though, in DA:I Bioware made the (female) models look less than actual top models and more like average girls. Funny how they always proclaimed to support "diversity" yet all their female models always had big, perky boobs, perfect hips and etc.
And the bestiality element was already covered in the original trilogy by Bioware themselves. They even made you fall in love with the space lizard with space aids/cancer.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where was he at? I thought BioWare was in the US already. Also, who is him? What am I doing in this thread?
While we don’t have a ton of concrete info about MassEffect: Andromeda we’ve been getting pieces of information here and there. Perhaps the most interesting pieces of information have been the people Bioware has been hiring to work on the title. Now one of the biggest pieces of news is that Chris Wynn, MassEffect: Andromeda’s development director is on the way out. While Wynn didn’t announce just why he was leaving Bioware but he took to Twitter in order to tell fans of the game series he was going to be moving on.

“It is with a heavy heart today to say that I am moving on from BioWare and MassEffect: Andromeda, and returning to the USA. The Andromeda team is the most talented team that I have ever worked with, truly inspiring to have worked with you each and every day. I will join the passionate N7 community and will eagerly await the release of Andromeda with equal enthusiasm. Thank you and Happy Holidays!” Wynn said in a series of tweets announcing the departure.

So far, Wynn hasn’t talked about what was behind the move. Wynn has been quite coy about information when it comes to the game. He’s managed to tease different details about MassEffect: Andromeda in the past but now it appears we’re going to have to get those little teases from someone else. There’s no telling how long Bioware will take to name Wynn’s replacement.

imweasel

And the bestiality element was already covered in the original trilogy by Bioware themselves. They even made you fall in love with the space lizard with space aids/cancer.
Yep. But they had to add even more alien romance options like Garrus because the BSN weirdos couldn't imagine themselves playing ME without giving it to him.

hajro

Arbiter
Bioware has all degeneracy bases already covered, Gaysex is basically gender incest so we have that too :greatjob:

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Curious thing about romance in the Mass Effect trilogy is that as originally envisioned the Asari were the only race that formed sexual/romantic attachments outside their own species on a large scale. Shepard was surprised to learn that about them (granted, until the third game Shepard knew basically nothing about the galaxy and was surprised to learn anything).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Mass Effect Andromeda Development Director Leaves BioWare
By Derek Nichols | 3 days ago

In a surprising announcement on Twitter, senior development director, Chris Wynn, announces his departure from BioWare and his work on Mass Effect Andromeda.
As fans continue to wait for any morsel of details about Mass Effect Andromeda, the project has hit a snag as just last week senior development director Chris Wynn surprisingly announced his departure from the game and the studio as a whole. At this time, BioWare Montreal does not have a replacement for Wynn and with the holiday vacation in full effect, there’s no telling how long it’ll be until news of a successor is announced.

Wynn hasn’t revealed why he suddenly decided to leave BioWare in the middle of development onMass Effect Andromeda, but we do know that he is returning to the United States of America thanks to his initial Tweet. Prior to joining BioWare Montreal, Wynn worked as a producer at Epic Games and Microsoft, helping to launch games like Gears of War 3 and Gears of War Judgment.

Considering how long Wynn has been working on the game, the sudden news of his departure is a bit shocking and will surely lead to some speculation among fans. It’ll also be interesting to see how this news affects development on the game, if at all.

While the Wynn departure remains a shock, it’s not all bad news for the upcoming game as the studio did manage to bring back longtime lead writer, Drew Karpyshyn, back into the fold. After taking a three year hiatus to work on writing projects away from the video game industry, Karpyshyn felt the time was right to rejoin BioWare, though at this moment, the project he has started working on hasn’t been revealed. With some mega BioWare franchise like Mass Effect,Knight of the Old Republic, and Baldur’s Gate under his belt, Karpyshyn is surely a welcomed addition back to the studio.

After its announcement at E3 2015 earlier this year, fans have been eagerly awaiting any sort of information from BioWare, who has remained tight lipped on the experience. So far, a few details have managed to reach the public, such as Commander Shepard being replaced by someone potentially named Ryder, but for the most part, the experience as a whole remains behind closed doors. A potential leak may have given fans an even better look at some of the mechanics coming in this latest entry, but until BioWare comes out with more details, it’s all just speculation for now.

With Chris Wynn being a central figure in this franchise, are you nervous of the future or is new blood something this series needs? Let us know your thoughts below in the comments.

Mass Effect Andromeda is scheduled for release later in 2016 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

Source: Chris Wynn Twitter

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Goddamn Bioware sucks. I know nothing about this guy but I bet he could not take the faggotry of bio anymore.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

I call this phenomenon the Mako Effect.

Everybody hated the living shit out of the fucking thing in the Mass Effect 1, so they removed it in Mass Effect 2. The majority was pleased so they keep quiet and don't complain anymore. Magically, the minority voice of inbred mongrels who enjoyed Mako, starts being heard. Bioware gets into their heads that everybody wants the game to be about exploration. They listen and are hugely surprised when game comes out and gets bad reception.

This sort of thing happens all the time with any multi-game series, and its fucking hilarious.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I liked the mako. Not as much the mako itself but hanging out in the different planets.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom