Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

Quillon

Arcane
How is that hair?

Prime Junta

I figure there'll be a face editor for Shep Ryder at least, so you're not stuck with the BioFace.

D2E0a.jpg

Padzi

Arbiter
So the new asari is ugly because of racemixing? There must be an UK planet in outer spess

Ian was drooling to the idea of half-Human half-Asari. Somebody should tell him that Asari basically clone themselves. One bloody Asari can recreate an entire species. If something happens to most of them in Andromeda it's no big deal. You need just one to save the species.

We already know Ian's waking dreams. And it appears we also can infer that Gamble is more into alien phalli:
7z2hCqa.png

How is that hair?

We need to ask Javik he surely saw all those hairy Asari ancestors.

pippin

me1 had a 2001 easter egg. inb4 they say the asari were the monkeys from 2001

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
EA apparently posted the system requirements on their Origin website:
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 3570 or AMD FX-6350
MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD FX-8350
MEMORY: 16 GB RAM
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB, AMD RX 480 4GB
HARD DRIVE: At least 55 GB of free space
DIRECTX: DirectX 11

Lol @ 16 GB RAM. Witcher 3 on Ultra / 1080p tops around 6000 MB of used ram. Somewhere around 7000 MB for 1440p. Unless the game is one big pile of bloatware there is no way it will take benefit of that much ram.

And "ram is cheap anyways" is not an excuse.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eleventy trillion terabytes of RAM will be the bare minimum for twitcher 4

J1M

Arcane
I'd rather a game filled up my 32GB of RAM than have loading screens.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
Lol @ 16 GB RAM. Witcher 3 on Ultra / 1080p tops around 6000 MB of used ram. Somewhere around 7000 MB for 1440p. Unless the game is one big pile of bloatware there is no way it will take benefit of that much ram.

And "ram is cheap anyways" is not an excuse.

Recommended RAM figures are factoring in whatever your PC is using in the background, but they're also almost always wrong or exaggerated so who cares. The latest Deus Ex, Dishonored, Battlefield, Titanfall games all had 8GB minimum, 16gb recommended on their specs pages. The former were not great PC ports, the latter were very good PC ports, it's just the new generic requirement for high budget games. You can expect almost every major game going forward to claim that it needs 8/recommends 16.

Latelistener

Arcane
Today it's not the RAM you should be worrying about.

Tnoc.png

Juggie

Augur
Plot of the original Mass Effect was about Stopping the Great Evil™ in the form of Ancient Galactic Civilization™ by discovering traces of their history and history of civilization that tried and failed to stop them before. This felt like ok-ish sci-fi plot.

The plot of Mass Effect 2 was once again about Stopping the Great Evil™ in the form of Ancient Galactic Civilization™. This time the game's focus shifted to preparing for the showdown through building a diverse team and bonding with members of said team. This felt like (nu-)BioWare plot with sci-fi skin.

The original game introduced players into a new universe. The second game didn't add many new elements to the world and focused instead on fleshing out existing elements like Krogans, Salarians, Geth, etc.

To me the more I learned about the world and races the less they felt like sci-fi and more like space fantasy.

Based on the info released about Andromeda so far it seems like they want to focus more on the theme of exploration and discovery. This is exactly what I'm looking for in sci-fi games.

If they manage to pull off the sense of discovering alien stuff on an uncharted world half decently it could hit the spot for me.

I couldn't care less about the companions, sex scenes or character looks. The combat will suck but this is granted for an action adventure game with light RPG elements. Just give me fun non-corridor gameplay and I'm in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom