Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
What the fuck is that thing?!

Padzi

Arbiter
The synthesis wave from ME3 was powerful, fast and far reaching that it was able to catch up to the arks. Shepard fucked up eveyrone, even those trying to escape.

Revenant

Horrible animations, dialogues and voice acting aside, the game just looks mind-numbingly boring to play. In a mass effect game, I want to do exciting missions and watch how my squad mates react to dialogues, not grind single-player MMO quests. Whoever thought that introducing fill the bar mechanics in a story-driven game's single player campaign was a good idea must have been smoking some low quality crack. And people thought ME2 was bad back in the day

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked this one:

ugly-shepard14.jpg

Looks like a psychotic Mexican cartel member.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It will be released soon. Lets hope it burns and make everyone see bioware as the laughingstock they really are.

(But ea probably will pay shill journos to prevent that. We will see)

I dunno, feels like EA is giving them that last push to see if they're still viable. Sure, have some marketing. If this fails their next project will have about a third the budget and probably be the last. Then they'll be EA Studio #341, 'carrying on the tradition of excellence', and other such rot.

Tytus

Arcane
cbG1ogL.png

A more "normal" version of Ryder in this Character Creator still looks fucking terrible.

Padzi

Arbiter
The last time I've heard people talking so much about the dead eyes syndrome in a game was when NWN2 was coming out and that was years ago.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The last time I've heard people talking so much about the dead eyes syndrome in a game was when NWN2 was coming out and that was years ago.

The difference AFAIK is that NWN2 has actual gameplay while ME:A doesn't

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I thought the hate for NWN2 was due to the setting, characters, and plot, not the gameplay.
No, the gameplay sucked too, but I had hated NWN as well. No more move/counter-move spells like in BG. Complete trash. ToEE was decent, but I didn't care for the spell system in that as much as in BG either. 3rd edition really brought the decline it seems.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
No, the gameplay sucked too, but I had hated NWN as well. No more move/counter-move spells like in BG. Complete trash. ToEE was decent, but I didn't care for the spell system in that as much as in BG either. 3rd edition really brought the decline it seems.

I'm curious what you think about IWD2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom