Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Silverfish

Arbiter
I think you’re overreactin’ Silverfish.

Possibly, but I'm still skeptical of modern Bioware's ability, or even desire, to give any topic the "both sides" treatment in an increasingly divisive cultural climate.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
People discussing romances in ME games, and all of that absolutely seriously. WTF? Is it Codex?

bCvV6mcaiExJIK6s-s1OVwcElOLnC8umpQdD3wy9nC5x_quINSd1tNGu0Rij7sTPr97Gyk25Zu_KDjCOTieKwkEJcpRZrMlMRcPh6w

Caim

Arcane

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you meet her in ME3 you can either drive her to suicide or get her killed if you do it wrong.

You can also get her killed in ME2, but TBH i do not remember much about ME3 :-P i do not even remember meeting Kelly in it (perhaps it is a Renegade option? I never played Renegade because you're often cartoonishly "bad" in it). But the game (ME2) didn't even acknowledge her as a romance option (might be a bug though) so whatever. I just liked her more than the other women in the series :-P.

J1M

Arcane
Change of topic: what is the mission path that optimizes for seeing all of Legion's dialog? (From what I hear it requires losing some of the nameless Normandy crew.)

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Change of topic: what is the mission path that optimizes for seeing all of Legion's dialog? (From what I hear it requires losing some of the nameless Normandy crew.)
- Play through Horizon (requires doing all four of the Act 1 recruitment missions).
- Have at least eight squadmates (including Kasumi and Zaeed, so you don't need to do any of the Act 2 recruitment missions yet). This is a prerequisite for the Collector Ship mission to become available.
- Play through five missions (preferably N7 side quests, where none of the squadmates have dialogue anyway). This is another prerequisite.
- Play through the Collector Ship mission, then immediately afterwards go to pick up the Reaper IFF and recruit Legion.

The crewmates are going to die, but who cares. Mordin can take over Dr. Chakwas's duties and EDI can do everyone else's jobs.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Just use a save editor to put him into your party, the game was a mess in development and before they made a lot of changes he was supposed to be an early squad member.

Caim

Arcane
If you meet her in ME3 you can either drive her to suicide or get her killed if you do it wrong.
You can also get her killed in ME2, but TBH i do not remember much about ME3 :-P i do not even remember meeting Kelly in it (perhaps it is a Renegade option? I never played Renegade because you're often cartoonishly "bad" in it). But the game (ME2) didn't even acknowledge her as a romance option (might be a bug though) so whatever. I just liked her more than the other women in the series :-P.
You can only meet Kelly in ME3 if you took the "Liara is blue, Garrus is gray, I'm Commander Shepard, we'll bang okay?" route with her. But you're forgiven for skipping this because she fucks dogs.

Click this if you want to see stuff that you cannot see normally (like taking Legion along to recruit Garrus).

tritosine2k

Erudite
I did that early legion thing with a mod it was smooth sailing afaict. I don't remember if it also changed mission locks or just recruitment.

Duraframe300

Arcane
People discussing romances in ME games, and all of that absolutely seriously. WTF? Is it Codex?

bCvV6mcaiExJIK6s-s1OVwcElOLnC8umpQdD3wy9nC5x_quINSd1tNGu0Rij7sTPr97Gyk25Zu_KDjCOTieKwkEJcpRZrMlMRcPh6w

Its been brewing for nearly a decade. We got a lot of integrated Biodrones from when their forums shut down and the occasional watchwitz member. Make no mistake, we've been infiltrated by decline for years.

Caim

Arcane
End of line.
Rine ends heeh! When I came across this on the BioWare forum, one of the happiest days of my life. I fucking hated Stanrey Roo.

Man, Mass Effect shitposting really takes me back. I remember stumbling onto a YouTube channel that relentlessly mocked the Bioware of that era, only to completely fall off the radar afterwards. Except the guy returned a few years later... as motherfucking MandaloreGaming. There's only a few videos left of that era: a Tribes: Ascend shitpost, a music video of the Miracle of Sound song Commander Shepard and the oldest Toddpost I can find on YouTube:

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
End of line.
Rine ends heeh! When I came across this on the BioWare forum, one of the happiest days of my life. I fucking hated Stanrey Roo.

Man, Mass Effect shitposting really takes me back. I remember stumbling onto a YouTube channel that relentlessly mocked the Bioware of that era, only to completely fall off the radar afterwards. Except the guy returned a few years later... as motherfucking MandaloreGaming. There's only a few videos left of that era: a Tribes: Ascend shitpost, a music video of the Miracle of Sound song Commander Shepard and the oldest Toddpost I can find on YouTube:

Some of those Mandalore's videos are, or at least were, somewhere in bitchute.

Stefan Vujovic

Educated
Mass Effect 1 was my guilty pleasure back in the days. Shame it went downhill from there on, story and gameplay wise. One can only imagine how would mass effect trilogy turn out if it wasn't made by soulless sjw simpletons...

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Since Andromeda didn't have any payoff, they could have resurrect Shepard 1000 after ME3 as half human-half reaper. His reaper side would allow it. Shepard would have reaper powers and his human side would use that info for threat in the new galaxy. He would deal with his internal dual struggle as never before. This would be great introduction in new ME universe.

J1M

Arcane
Since Andromeda didn't have any payoff, they could have resurrect Shepard 1000 after ME3 as half human-half reaper. His reaper side would allow it. Shepard would have reaper powers and his human side would use that info for threat in the new galaxy. He would deal with his internal dual struggle as never before. This would be great introduction in new ME universe.
They already spent 3 games fixated on Reapers. More focus on that is a mistake.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
They already spent 3 games fixated on Reapers. More focus on that is a mistake.
It wouldn't be since Shepard would be only half-reaper in universe. He would give a psychological side what Reapers were and use that powers for new threat. Andromeda could have been more dramatical send-off for Shepard with bigger payoff.

Mass Effect 1 was my guilty pleasure back in the days. Shame it went downhill from there on, story and gameplay wise. One can only imagine how would mass effect trilogy turn out if it wasn't made by soulless sjw simpletons...

Mass Effect 1 was an interesting mess (for the time) with a nice sense of atmosphere do to the music, and some nice designs here and there. It's a shame the direction they chose to take things wasn't to improve what had promise, but instead to just drop it all and focus on being a pretty unremarkable third person shooter with some mission hub areas.

This would be interesting if this was used to pay off the promise of that original game and the series, and bring good versions of what the original game tried doing across the three games.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I sincerely do not understand how anyone could consider ME1 the best game in the series. Well, it is without doubt the best in terms of atmosphere. But at the same time it is a bad RPG with an impotent skill system. It is a bad exploration game with copy-paste planets. And it is a bad TPS game with uninteresting and repetitive enemies.

ME2 stopped pretending to be a role-playing game and completely ditched all exploration, but at least it became a decent (not great, but decent!) TPS game. Gameplay-wise, I prefer any consequent ME game -- even ME:A -- to ME1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom