Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
"We're focusing on creating something truly for the fans"
They said the same thing for Andromeda.
Don't buy into this speculation game bullshit they're trying to play, they can fuck right off until they have something legitimate to show.
They said the same thing about the mass effect 3 ending.

"It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings,
where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got
ending A, B, or C.....The endings have a lot more sophistication and
variety in them.
"

They can fuck right off period.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
ME3 ending was made in a rush.They couldn't postpone the release. It was meant to be galactic battle depending on your resources. There was even fight with Illusive man.

Andromeda has the best exploration and combat of the whole series. It has its flaws, but it's not nearly as bad as popular opinion makes it seem.

Exploration in Andromeda was ruined by cringe party banter and even more annoying Sam. Combat was good.

Last edited:

Ebonsword

Arcane
I didn't think Andromeda was completely bad. It was just really bloated with garbage quests.

Andromeda has the best exploration and combat of the whole series. It has its flaws, but it's not nearly as bad as popular opinion makes it seem.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
ME3 ending was made in a rush.They couldn't postpone the release. It was meant to be galactic battle depending on your resources. There was even fight with Illusive man.

They're a bunch of arrogant shitheads who doubled down on their "artistic integrity" instead of admitting they ran out of time. And then to rub it in when they got additional resources to put out a DLC to improve the ending, they doubled down again and spent time making their turd extra glossy.
And even for running out of time, that ending was the absolute biggest retardation I have ever seen. Kotor 2 also had a rushed ending, but at least it was not offensively retarded.

Flying Dutchman

Learned

Really? I missed that. Now I am sadder by the ME3-that-coulda-been, which I didn't think possible.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

People were very excited to hate on it after the ME3 endings hoopla. Don't get me wrong, Andromeda is very flawed due to shit quest design and some poor writing, but it's nowhere near as bad as people act like it is, especially compared to successful mainstream shit like Assassin's Creed and all the Sony open world cookie cutter garbage.

People were very excited to hate on it after the ME3 endings hoopla. Don't get me wrong, Andromeda is very flawed due to shit quest design and some poor writing, but it's nowhere near as bad as people act like it is, especially compared to successful mainstream shit like Assassin's Creed and all the Sony open world cookie cutter garbage.

No. It’s peak millennial garbage and it shows.

J1M

Arcane

It's so full of soy it doesn't even have renegade actions.

KVVRR

Learned

The entire series is based on the mass effect, man. How everybody depends on the relays to move anywhere.
Andromeda shits on that premise with it's very own name.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
ME3 had some surprisingly solid combat, like for real -- I didn't know BioWare had that in them. The multiplayer was also fun as hell.

Andromeda was a gas station hotdog wrapped in an aborted fetus taco. Pure, hot, liquid shit. If BioWare spent less time on MUH ROMANCES and MUH CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCES and more time on programming, animation, and QA, they could have put out a decent game.

JDR13

Arcane
ME3 had some surprisingly solid combat, like for real -- I didn't know BioWare had that in them. The multiplayer was also fun as hell.

Andromeda was a gas station hotdog wrapped in an aborted fetus taco. Pure, hot, liquid shit. If BioWare spent less time on MUH ROMANCES and MUH CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCES and more time on programming, animation, and QA, they could have put out a decent game.

ME3 did have decent combat, but that was about it. Everything else about the game was shit.

Vyadhis

Learned
I'd probably buy this on sale if it was on steam but its most likely going to be Origin so no.

KVVRR

Learned
I'd probably buy this on sale if it was on steam but its most likely going to be Origin so no.
EA games have been recently published on steam, they have no real reason not to do the same with these remakes.

Vatnik Wumao

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If it's a remaster that doesn't fuck up anything major, I might get it ...without DRM somewhere down the line.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
ME3 did have decent combat, but that was about it. Everything else about the game was shit.

Choosing to
keep the genophage and killing Mordin
was pretty rad.
Keeping Mordin alive and making him live with the guilt until he dies is possibly even better. Hard to compete with the scene where he's desperately crawling on the floor, though.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
They require Origin even if bought on Steam.

EA's newer releases on Steam like the Command and Conquer remaster do not require Origin. Not sure if this will be the case all the time or not. Rogue Squadron requires an EA account to play online I think but not the Origin client.

Millennials are starting to run the world dude, you're gonna have to adjust or be in permanent butthurt mode.

What’s that got to do with anything? The Millies are basically a lost generation incapable of running themselves, let alone a shitty global world order that’s barely manageable as it is. I referring to you needlessly defending a shit-tier game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom