Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Can someone post the actual stream? I don't trust that youtusbe link and when I remove the S it says the video is not available.

Lacrymas

Arcane
The quality is too poor, so I was going to say the only change I see is they've put some lip gloss on Ashley to maybe simulate her look in ME3, but then I noticed Kaidan also has lip gloss, lol. Their hair also seems darker/blacker than it used to be?

Deleted member 7219

I don't understand how the system requirements could have risen so dramatically.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
ehUg7j6.png

OWxRJv2.png

Jesus Christ. This is embarrassingly bad. Udina in particular looks like a ghoul.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Udina looks like a ghoul, Anderson looks like a recently-bloated corpse. I think a new law is appropriate: Lacrymas' first law of remasters - if the original game is 3D, the remaster will almost certainly look worse.

jackofshadows

Magister
Also, everyone has eyeliner as if they are going to go to the local goth club after this is all over.
Yeah, it's like a counter-measure for the new lighting with the purpose that faces wouldn't look too bland. What a shitty counter-measure though - put lots of make-up on everyone, Anderson included lmao.
cGDpszE.png

Just look at Kaiden, what a joke.
24x36FJ.png

And here they fucked up lighting so bad that thanks to shadows on his face he looks like a late stage alcoholic... with some lipstick on.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't understand how it's possible to do a worse job than mods? If I were them and wanted to stealthily do a hack job, I'd just steal the mods and work a bit more to improve them. That + the gameplay changes would've been covert enough to not be accused of a hack job while it actually being a hack job at the same time. These AAA companies have the bad habit of underestimating how expensive and time-consuming remastering a 3D game for modern standards will actually be. A quick cash-grab doesn't work - look at Warcraft 3.

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
Don't remind me that Reforged exists. I've waited for a remaster for as long as I remember myself. Each Blizzcon, all I wanted was a remaster of Warcraft 3. Now it exists. And it's shit, worse than the original.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I see they didn't manage to fix the dead puppet eyes in time for release.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom