Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster trilogy

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

vibehunter

Learned
Ok, I think I have the winner.

The original:
latest.png

The remaster:
SPOILER_KELLY.PNG

Shockingly bad. But then I shouldn't be surprised by Bioturd.

When will they realize that what makes a characters look good is not the amount of polygons it has, but the lighting and shadow, and angle during cutscenes/dialogues.

mkultra

Augur
When will they realize that what makes a characters look good is not the amount of polygons it has, but the lighting and shadow, and angle during cutscenes/dialogues.

A good character design looks good in all lighting conditions. More polygons certainly helps (it's not the case here, they are still low poly), shadows to hide imperfections per scene is very far from ideal, and this is a good example of how that is a bad idea when you later decide to do a remaster with much brighter lights.

It's very odd they've decided to brighten up the game to this degree, it just makes everything look very flat and boring, imperfections stands out way more. They could have upped the brightness perhaps 20% instead of 50% or whatever.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
hahahaha, absolutely hilarious. I can't wait for the mainstream shitstorm tomorrow.
I've seen too many people who watched the streams praise the graphics. Maybe it'll be different when they're forced to confront it on their own screens.

racofer

Thread Incliner

Nano

Arcane
Patron
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...ct-open-spoilers.423905/page-18#post-64869419

My copy came yesterday but I couldn't play until today (and barely got in 45 mins as I'm heading to work and in and out of minding my son too). I'm on PS5 for the record.

First impression are good, character models have really impressed me in ME, although I still really don't like Andersen's at all. Sound has been very good as well. Had small bit of a delay with some conversation choices with characters, and had a couple of visual glitches. One was when you see Sovereign, I paused and when I went back it was gone completely and just a puff of red smoke was there. The other was this:

20210513-121439.jpg

Sabotin

Scholar
And there was such a hullabaloo about original artistic vision around the ME3 ending...

But yeah these look very weird. I get that a good amount of the harsh shading in ME1 was to hide plain textures, but this looks like most shadows were just removed? You sure this is from the game and not just some toolset or such?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom