Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect Trilogy

Discussion in 'BioWare' started by GarfunkeL, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Tytus Arcane

Tytus

The only way to "save" Mass Effect would be to bring back Drew Karpyshyn and Chris L'etoile - they basically wrote the main story and all the important lore. The new games should follow their original story plan (that was being changes since the ending of ME2), but would have to be a remake of the entire trilogy which will never happen. For example their reveal for what Collectors were doing was actually much more interesting than what Bioware actually went with.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    • meh meh x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Hermes Trismegistus Literate

Hermes Trismegistus
    Chris L'etoile's role in writing Mass Effect cannot be overstated, he was the loreguy, the one who wrote all of the planetary descriptions, he pushed for a less Star Trek-y universe and was responsible for some of the best written characters. He only worked on the first game and some of the second and his disappearance from the team is very noticeable. Old Hermes has saved some blogposts he wrote about the development of the first game and I will leave them here for posterity and to grant knowledge to those who seek it, it's not a part of the hermetic corpus, but you should read it anyway if you are interested in Mass Effect. To most this is lost knowledge.l

I also saved a part of his page on the wiki, where he wrote about the parts of the games he worked on and could claim full credit for.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Ninjerk Arcane

Ninjerk
    That's very interesting for a game that ended up being Cassandra kills the dragons.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Tytus Arcane

Tytus
    Yeah I remember reading on some forum right after ME3 launched when he aired his frustrations about the whole thing. He said that they begun to be overruled by people paid more than him. So he probably meant Hudson, Walters etc.
    It really started happening to a big extent during ME2 when for example he was pissed that they started making Geth into a pinocchio trope while he himself wrote them specificity to avoid that.
    Or they started to throw all the important plot point they wrote with Drew out the airlock and substitute them with humanity is special, humanity is the best.

• not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Tytus Arcane

Tytus

I saved some of it. And also from some article:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    and nothing of value was lost
    Earth was in a far worse state in Star Trek's universe at this point, what a dumbass.
    Turns out that having magic replicators that create anything on demand fixes a lot of problems.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
    ^ Top  
  7. Hermes Trismegistus Literate

Hermes Trismegistus
    Very nice. Old Hermes had it all saved once but I lost it. Anyone know what L'Etoile is up to now? Is he still in the industry?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    I want to replay Mass Effect but the rumor of a remaster coming out soon is preventing me from doing it
    :negative:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lord_Potato Arcane

Lord_Potato
    Go and play the old games. They're still fine. Remasters will propably not be worth it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Readher Learned

Readher
    https://www.gematsu.com/2020/09/por...rilogy-remastered-for-ps4-xbox-one-and-switch

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    If it was a remake, I would be much more interested. But a remaster with some higher-detail textures and new lighting... I don't see what's the point because the gameplay and graphics are still going be dated. It's like the Kingdoms of Amalur remaster (which according to fans, is a patch). I don't get it.

^ Top  
  12. J1M Arcane

J1M
    It mostly hinges on the hope of a new 5th ending that sets up future sequels.

And less realistic wishes like importing the sequel combat into the first game.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. JDR13 Magister

JDR13

:killit:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Togukawa Learned Patron

Togukawa
    The basic story of me3 is completely flawed. It all hinges on building something that isnt understood, which should in a nonretarded universe turn out to be a trick killing everyone, like in
    Show Spoiler
    Enderal

Having the macguffin spawn a literal machine god with galaxy wide magic powers is the most retarded thing I have ever seen, and thats not even touching on how stupidly the actual execution was done.

I can't understand people hoping for a fifth variation of retardation, as if it would fix anything.

• Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    The problem with ME3 (story wise) was that they were trapped in EPICness. A smaller ME not created by a bunch of woke zoomer faggots might be OK. But they need to fix the ending of ME3 to give an option for the galaxy to survive more or less intact for that to happen or you're stuck in prequel land which no one cares about.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Tytus Arcane

Tytus
    [​IMG]

:prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper::prosper:

• hopw roewur ne x 5
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • Old x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Wayward Son Fails to keep valuable team members alive

Wayward Son
    I’m commander Shepard and this is still one of my favorite series on the personal computer.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Stella_Brando Arcane

Stella_Brando
    This is perfect.

Didn't Alistair Raynolds just rip off Steve Childers?

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.