Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Master of Orion 2 - Bulrathi Impossible difficulty

DaveO

Erudite
I have quite fond memories of the game, and I have played a few races regular and custom against the computer. Now my intent is to see how long I last with a replay. I'll likely not make it to the finish line, since I won't be restoring save games if something goes bad.

The journey has begun below at:
Master of Orion 2 - Bulrathi impossible difficulty (youtube.com)

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Yeah man, balkanoid animal is right for once a couple of quick screenshots would do the trick.

tindrli

Arcane
Yeah man, balkanoid animal is right for once a couple of quick screenshots would do the trick.
well i watched part of mr DaveO lets play. and ill just say that our common screenshot Lets play is MORE THAN NECESSARY!!!!!!

DaveO

Erudite
My Master of Orion 2 Hall of Fame board
CD9vaEr.jpg

Galaxy map
ylSOpH6.jpg

Home planet
wBYzTLR.jpg

Ursa I - Inner planet
wSWBBAN.jpg

Home planet - Review
5vEfQIH.jpg

Since I expect hostilties to happen, I will develop the Bulrathi to go on the offensive quickly. We'll probably get missiles and mod them for MIRV for starters. I started pre-warp to have a bit better chance of finishing.

DaveO

Erudite
I won't be updating this LP until around the middle of January. I have two other games that I've been also playing and recording on my channel and my intent is to not have too many videos on my channel so close to release to one another.

EDIT UPDATE - I will have an update on Feb 1, 2021.

Last edited:

DaveO

Erudite
I went ahead and played but I got defeated by the Gnolams. I'm not sure if I had much of a chance since they had far better tech. I tried to get a fleet, but it was too little too late. I'll post anyway. You may all mock me to your heart's content for a poor LP. I won't post pictures since I was defeated.

Last edited:

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Since I expect hostilties to happen, I will develop the Bulrathi to go on the offensive quickly. We'll probably get missiles and mod them for MIRV for starters. I started pre-warp to have a bit better chance of finishing.
I think pre-warp makes it worse: The AI gets insane research bonus, while you can do virtually nothing to compensate until you get in space.
Once in space, you can make it up with better military strategy, or vulturing AIs that are at war, but on your homeworld without any way to get out, it makes the AI have a stronger headstart in colonization. It is doable, but it makes your life even harder IMO.

DaveO

Erudite
I'll try it again. Same difficulty and same race. Perhaps I'll learn this time!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom