Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 288: Paul Neurath on Underworld Ascendant

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Matt Barton; OtherSide Entertainment; Paul Neurath; Underworld Ascendant

It looks like Matt Barton has definitively settled his disputes with OtherSide Entertainment. Last night, he uploaded the first episode of his new interview with Paul Neurath, which was apparently recorded earlier this month. It's a fairly short episode, focusing on the recently Kickstarted Underworld Ascendant, and specifically on Paul's experiences with Kickstarter, on the importance of AI and on the game's systems-driven design.

Love that photo at 13:30. The next episodes will be about the good old Looking Glass days.

jewboy

Arbiter
I really hope this project turns out well. Neurath and those guys really knew how to make games that were fun to play. Watching the footage of UW1 reminds me of how much I really loved that game. Wasn't there a project to update its graphics or something like that? Whatever happened with that? Would love to do a replay of UW1 with graphics that don't make my eyes bleed. I mean I guess that was kind of the point of Arx Fatalis and Arkane did a wonderful job with that game, but still.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Still nothing but a bunch of talk and big imagination ideas. I'm still lacking confidence this will be anything but a low budget, 8 hour, boring dungeon crawler.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Also, why is it these guys all look like soul-less animatrons? Was it all the time spent on F2P and Zynga shit?

Zep--

Korron

Cipher
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Sorry I was a little pissbaby. So let's talk about Ultima Ascendent... "

Really Matt? Ultima Ascendant? I can see why reaching out to you should have been number one priority during the campaign, what with your 1000 video views and clear professionalism. Maybe Neurath will do an interview with me next. I've got a couple buddies that might throw him some shekels if I show them the video.

sstacks

Arcane
What's not strange or unusual is passive aggressive nonsense in online forums :P

This is strange. I can watch this video even though I have his channel blocked on youtube.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom