Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Matt Chat 425: Trent Oster on Neverwinter Nights

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Beamdog; BioWare; Matt Barton; Neverwinter Nights; Neverwinter Nights: Tyrants of the Moonsea; Trent Oster

Matt Barton's RPG developer interviews used to be a frequent sight on our front page, but in recent times he's only done gameplay videos and extremely long podcasts with indie developers. Now he returns to his classic format for the first time in a year and half with a new multi-episode interview with Beamdog CEO Trent Oster. The entire first half of the first episode is dedicated to Trent's hobbies - racing and especially weaponsmithing. After he finishes playing with his knives, the interview moves on to the topic of Neverwinter Nights, including the recently released Tyrants of the Moonsea premium module, the challenges BioWare faced developing the game back in the day, and the legacy of its famous toolset.

Nothing too interesting yet, but as Matt always says, the best is yet to come.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
My pathetic monkey brain cannot accept that most of my favorite people are still out there in the industry... just either not creating, or creating exploitative panderboxes, and without successors.

At least Carmack is still being a legendary optimizer, I guess.

:negative:

R@tmaster

Educated
He confused Motb with Mysteries of westgate on 16min.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom