Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Names. We need names.

Must say that Burger Bill/Rebecca and co did a good job introducing Dragon's into the game. They are basically MAD devices owned by the different city states. I won't go into the plot anymore in case anyone else wishes to play the game, but the way they were added in makes sense from a certain perspective.

It isn't like the Bard is really a part of the The Bard's Tale either...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
because he looks like a cool progrocker dude.

he disagreed with the trannie from the previous video,

she said she did all the 'heavy lifting' in the code

thing is though Mr .Fargo seems like an apologist for the guy who held the disc hostage.
He tried to gloss over it saying he had a change of heart.

Its weird that dragon wars didnt sell but bards tale sequels did??!?!??!!?!?!?

Lightknight

Liturgist
So...Brian Fargo was interviewed by some unknown motherfucker for a site nobody ever reads. Big news, yay !

7hm

Scholar
Slenkar said:
he disagreed with the trannie from the previous video,

she said she did all the 'heavy lifting' in the code

thing is though Mr .Fargo seems like an apologist for the guy who held the disc hostage.
He tried to gloss over it saying he had a change of heart.

Its weird that dragon wars didnt sell but bards tale sequels did??!?!??!!?!?!?

He disagreed hard with the tranny.

It was a good interview despite the awkward interviewer.

I don't think he was an apologist about the holding the master disk hostage bit. He called Crantree (?) out on his actions but if they are still friends as he says there's no point belaboring the point. It happened nearly 20 years ago.

He was an apologist for the crappy Bard's Tale reset though.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
I love the fact that they disagreed on Michael Cranford's DM style. That's old school nerdy right there. Really, I'm looking forward to the rest of the interview.

Also, they should ask him what Iolo is up to.

circ

Arcane
I wouldn't say disagreed hard.

I can't believe the excuses for The Bard's Tale though. It had some interesting concepts (big tits) but the interface was just unfucking playable. I can't imagine it being any better on a console either.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
They show a review of The Bard's Tale that gives it a 6.7/10 and has "Not as funny as it thinks it is" in the little bit of the review they show. That about sums it up. It was an interesting idea, but the humor came across like it did in Stonekeep: those annoying singing bits... augh....

Pegultagol

Erudite
MattChat has been rather a valuable recent find for me. Aside from the interesting interview, and that of the transgendered programmer, there is also interview with MCA and John Romero. Very insightful stuff, the videos and also the podcast material at his website, although some of the salient points can't be taken entirely at face value. The interview with MCA is compelling me to blow the dust off Planescape: Torment and have another go at it.

Tolknaz

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
MattChat is cool. A bit of an incline in an age, where being a retard seems to be considered a plus when applying for a job as a gaming journalist. In addition to interviewing well known guys like Brian Fargo, MCA, Tim Cain etc. he has also done interviews to the likes of almost forgotten Arnold Hendrick (the designer of Darklands).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom