Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
this boomer really needs to do something about the audio quality

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

source.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this installment, Colin chats about Planescape, Birthright, Ravenloft, Dragon Mountain, and more. We also talk about life at TSR and the nature of evil.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
More episodes left to go, but Matt has already recorded his interview with Annie and today he's interviewing Kevin Saunders. Truly the Matt Chat Renaissance.

grimace

Arcane
This is the start of a great new series with the one-and-only Annie VanderMeer of the Tiamat Collective. In this segment, we chat about adventure games, visual novels, narratives, characters, help lines, and much more.

V I S U A L N O V E L S
I
S
U
A
L
N
O
V
E
L
S

Great interview!

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Extremely non-Codex relevant episode.

Matt wants to release the second episode next week but sounds like he might not make it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Huh on a Monday:

Annie delves into how she transitioned from English major to video game designer, and talks about how Twine, Ren'Py, and RPG Maker are good preparation for a career in games. We also talk about Taxi Driver and her early days at Obsidian.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Visual novel stuff ends at 13:45. Obsidian stuff starts at 21:10.

Third part next week, maybe.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Great stuff here from Annie on BTS at Obsidian during two of their biggest projects. We also chat about voice acting and how much Annie loved working with legends like Jim Cummings.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
NWN2 stuff starts at 6:10. Alpha Protocol stuff starts at 18:00.

Roguey might find some parts of this interesting. I'm starting to like these Annie interviews. She provides a more low-level perspective that the more senior designers that Matt usually interviews don't have. Stephen Colbert and Penny Arcade memes in Mask of the Betrayer, oh my! Also lots of voice actor fangirling.

Still one or maybe two Annie episodes to go. Next one is about Storm of Zehir.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:lol: They recorded 75% of the script for Brian and Annie's Alpha Protocol.

Annie's into scatological humor. :prosper:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Lots of great content here from Annie VanderMeer! We chat about NWN 2: Storm of Zehir, Obsidian's cancelled Alien RPG, the importance of prototyping, Guild Wars 2, mmo narratives, Destiny and much more!

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
:lol: They recorded 75% of the script for Brian and Annie's Alpha Protocol.

Annie's into scatological humor. :prosper:

I find it more funny that the more I look at her face, it starts to resemble the "hopw roewur ne" face

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
First 16 minutes of the episode are about Storm of Zehir and Aliens: Crucible, the rest is about the MMOs. I think the MMO part is actually more interesting. She doesn't have much to say about SoZ that we don't already know.

Final episode next week will be about Dead State.

Terra

Cipher

Obsidian and inXile veteran Kevin Saunders chats about his recent activities including a very serious medical condition. We also chat about his work on Adhara, an Oregon Trail-inspired game before getting into Torment: Tides of Numenera and the problems with fulfilling its stretch goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom