Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
If that were true marvel capeshit would be engaging, too. But it's not.

Special chosen one heritage is a tired plot device. It's pretty fucking close to the bottom of the barrel.
You're being overly brutal, my friend, but I can see your point.

I agree that the 'special superpowered chosen one' plot device is located pretty close to the bottom of the barrel.

But if one's taste is located at the very bottom, it does feel engaging and intriguing.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

Special chosen one heritage is a tired plot device. It's pretty fucking close to the bottom of the barrel.
Ohhh yeaaah, chosen one bad. Case in point: PST, BG, Dark Souls, Kotor are all shit games. Edgy! You're so edgy, wow, like House MD. All girls will want you. Just keep on with your nasal whining and you'll absolutely see a girl's pussy some day, I'm sure.

hello friend

Arcane

Ohhh yeaaah, chosen one bad. Case in point: PST, BG, Dark Souls, Kotor are all shit games. Edgy! You're so edgy, wow, like House MD. All girls will want you. Just keep on with your nasal whining and you'll absolutely see a girl's pussy some day, I'm sure.
You're just being weird at this point.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In this third segment, the great Winston Douglas Wood chats about the final Phantasie games. We chat about some of the more intriguing mechanics such as limb loss and parents for your characters. We also talk about the development of Phantasie IV in Japan and why it wasn't released in the US. Finally, we chat about Star Command and its relationship (or lack thereof) to SSI's other SF games such as Buck Rogers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Winston has never actually played Phantasie IV!

One more episode left. Matt will be recording the interview with Brian Heins tomorrow.

Boleskine

Arcane
Matt has those shifty eyes.

WhT7dgT.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
The Outer Worlds - now on Matt Chat and therefore a classic:

This episode is the first of a 3-part series of interviews with Brian Heins. Project Director of Obsidian. In this segment we chat about The Outer Worlds, focusing on its setting and what's innovative about its CRPG mechanics.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Brian says he's the "content director" on an unannounced project that won't be revealed for a couple of years. A "large RPG", currently early in preproduction with a small team.

Cut flaw from The Outer Worlds: If you rejected taking a flaw three times in a row, the game would have given you the Narcissism flaw. :lol: He seems to hint that something like that might be added back in an expansion.

He's a bright guy, fun interview.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Matt moderates a panel at Neal Hallford's LockDownCon:

12:00 PM - The Golden Age of Computer Gaming
Trip Hawkins,Warren Spector, John Cutter, Neal Hallford, Lori Cole, Corey Cole, Matt Barton (M)

Boleskine

Arcane

In this episode Brian and I finish up with The Outer Worlds before moving onto Tyranny and taking some questions sent in by some of the dirtiest rats I ever took an ax to.

Last edited by a moderator:

grimace

Arcane
Matt moderates a panel at Neal Hallford's LockDownCon:

12:00 PM - The Golden Age of Computer Gaming
Trip Hawkins,Warren Spector, John Cutter, Neal Hallford, Lori Cole, Corey Cole, Matt Barton (M)

Mark Lemmert
@MarkLemmert

·
Jul 5
Replying to
@mattbarton
and
@YouTube
Matt, the link says video has been removed. Do you know if it was moved to a different link?

Matt Barton
@mattbarton

·
Jul 5
Looks like
@nealiios
only intended to keep it up for three days.

Neal Hallford
@nealiios

·
14h
And the panels will be back, but I'm editing them down into individual panel vids so that it's easier for people to find what they're interested in. I'll begin reposting them a bit at a time between now and when we start doing our monthly LockDownCon chats in August.

Did anyone watch the Matt panel while it was available at that link?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Hmmm, Matt sounds like he doesn't have his next interview locked in yet.

Oh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom