Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

grimace

Arcane
  • The man who literally wrote a book on the history Computer Role Playing Games
  • Plays cRPGs
  • No memes or zoomer bait
  • sincerely loves cRPGs
  • interviews developers

Thank you Matt for all your chats.

Keep on posting Matt Chats!

grimace

Arcane
Matt's book (Honoring the Code) is now available as a part of this bundle:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/the-complete-history-and-culture-of-video-gaming-bundle

Table of Contents
Honoring the Code

John Romero, Architect of Doom

Rebecca Heineman, Archmage

Tim Cain, Game Designer X

Brian Fargo, Patron of Wizards

Chris Avellone, the Iconoclast

Chris Taylor, the Problem Solver

Howard Scott Warshaw, the Sad Clown

Jon Hare, the Rock ’n’ Roller

Ralph Baer, the Father of Videogames

David Fox, the Mindbender

George Sanger, "the Fat Man"

Mark Soderwall, Mentor to Graphic Artists

Megan Gaiser and Rob Riedl, Gamemakers for Girls

Paul Reiche and Fred Ford, the Toymakers of Gaming

https://www.routledge.com/Honoring-...at-Game-Designers/Barton/p/book/9781466567535

$49.45 for the eBook here.

Or Pay $15.00 for the bundle at Fanatical?

Codex Year of the Donut
https://wisewands.com/
UTs30zh.png

so this is the power of cryptocurrencies...

grimace

Arcane

Michael Cranford is the creator of The Bard's Tale as well as Centauri Alliance, Darkseed, and the upcoming Wise Wands NFT CRPG.

:what:

Wise Wands NFT CRPG

:Tell me more.

About this trainwreck about to derail.

I'll listen to any interview with any CRPG developer.

I listen at .25 speed so give me 4 days to reply to this post.

Repressed Homosexual
I like Matt, but his show has obviously been gradually going downhill over the last ten years or so, garnering less and less interest.

Not necessarily because he has done anything wrong, but he obviously started running out of old school game devs with interesting anecdotes willing to be interviewed.

Still props to a man who gave so much of himself and worked with so much earnestness for so long with almost no reward, all to satisfy an underserved grognard audience. He is the ultimate hobbyist.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Matt doesn't have time to edit his interviews into 20-25 minute episodes anymore. Maybe that works for the podcast generation but not for me. I can't newspost this!

Annnnd it's time for Knights of the Chalice 2, one of my new favorite indie CRPGs. It's certainly tough and even frustrating at times, but it sure caught me in its resilient web!!!

Boleskine

Arcane

Pierre is the creator of the Knights of the Chalice series, one of my favorite indie RPG series. We talk about all manner of topics related to his games, the genre, the business, and so much more.

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom