Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Matt Chat Thread

grimace

Arcane
Will Matt Chat play Mechajammer?

axx

Savant
He mentioned he wanted to interview those two but they weren't up for it. I doubt he'll be touching the game till then.

Boleskine

Arcane

This episode features an interview with star game designer and author Bruce Nesmith. Bruce's credits include Skyrim, Oblivion, Ravenloft: Realm of Terror, and the Dragonstrike boardgame just to name a few! He's also authored a new novel about Loki. We also take a look at his 1980 procedurally-generated Dragons computer game. You definitely don't want to miss this one!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This episode features an interview with Coach Happy Keller, EA sports pioneer and all-round groovy dude. If you like Madden, PGA Tour Golf, Bill Walsh College Football, etc., you can't miss this. Even if you're not into sports titles, though, there's plenty of great content and insights here. Don't miss it!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Matt Chat had some good conversations. I feel bad that he never got more attention, looking now his view counts are pretty low. Also realized i wasn't subbed to him at the moment lawls.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Matt Chat had some good conversations. I feel bad that he never got more attention, looking now his view counts are pretty low. Also realized i wasn't subbed to him at the moment lawls.

His views are very guest dependent, which I think makes sense, given the focus of his show. John Romero is obviously going to get more views than Pierre Begue. At any rate, I hope he realizes that his show has value beyond the immediate views. His 500 or so episodes document a niche corner of history that no one was documenting in the same way, so I think they will have staying power beyond your typical games podcast.

grimace

Arcane

matt-chat-rat-2022-06-20-19-43.png

Matt is covering a niche within a niche.

so I think they will have staying power beyond your typical games podcast.

Absolutely.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Sometimes I cringe watching Matt and his guests stumble around and just take a break and watch the rest later.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This is an interview with Slava, the designer of Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG. Slava is a straight-shooter who is quite frank about what he likes and doesn't shy away from criticism. There are great insights here for anyone thinking about making (or playing) indie CRPGs, crowdfunding strategies, and more.

Boleskine

Arcane

Monte Singman is a game dev pro and entrepreneur. He's the CEO of Lemuria, a web3 game infrastructure and a decentralized publisher. He has nearly 40 years of experience in the game industry--Atari, Accolade, Capcom, Electronic Arts and Sony, just to name a few. Produced John Madden Football, Test Drive Off Road series, Street Fighter series, Looney Tunes Racing, Hello Kitty Roller Rescue and many other titles.

Boleskine

Arcane

Steve is an award-winning game designer and an experienced marketer, as well as an experienced game and business journalist and analyst. He's worked at or for a variety of game companies, including Electronic Arts, Capcom, Wizards of the Coast, Activision, Gamesindustry.biz, and a host of small game companies and developers. He's experienced with starting up companies as well as running multi-million dollar marketing budgets.

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
This was a really good interview. Overall I really like Matt. Yes he's not a good interviewer and can be awkward at times but he lets the guest talk which is key.

It's pretty crazy to me that he's actually an English professor. He just doesn't seem like that type, seems more like someone that runs a comic book or game store.

Also, ironically it seems like he sucks at crpgs.

Codex Year of the Donut
Fallout 2 was a mass marketed product, I have no idea what he's smoking. It only trailed Diablo and Baldur's Gate in sales, which were the video game equivalent of blockbusters. If anything, Fallout 2 was likely more popular relative to audience size than Fallout 3 was.

If he wanted to say Fallout, then I'd agree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom