Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Mechabellum - inclined mecha auto battler

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Anyone playing this? I'm having a blast.

edit: if there is a thread already, i didn't find it

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I sank a fair bit of time into it several months ago. It's pretty good, lots of interesting variables, never seemed like the gameplay was limited to a handful of optimal strategies. Game has gotten a lot of updates since then and none seem to be terrible, devs do a good job of balancing things without overreacting or sleeping on things forever, and also take fun into consideration when really lame strategies crop up.

Is it worth it if I am only interested in the single player mode?
Probably not? I didn't find the single player very satisfying, felt very random because you can't outplay random bullshit and the game is all about predicting and countering strategies.

Hoodoo

Arcane
Don't know a better game of this type and I'm a sucker for these.

Hoodoo

Arcane
Don't know a better game of this type and I'm a sucker for these.
Can you recommend similar games?

I don't have a comprehensive knowledge really but:

Heros Hour (not autobattler but similair itch, really cool fun system of heros)
Dota Underlords
Auto Chess

These are the ones I've sunk alot of time into besides Mechabellum.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've tried Despot's Game and Hero's Hour. They are like 2euro each.

Hero's Hour is a colourfull mess. I acknowledge the HOMM influence but it's one fugly game. I lack the motivation to invest more time in it.

Despot's Game is more like Mechabellum but it's also an unbalanced mess. Each biome is another shade of crap and your ways to counter the enemies are way more limited than what Mechabellum is offering. The difficulty simply explodes in the later biomes.

Hoodoo Basically you were right. Mechabellum seems to be the best experience in this genre.

deama

Prophet
I enjoyed the league of legends one more than dota underlords.

rumSaint

Educated
I'm having a blast, although I play it exclusively multiplayer.

There are lot of strategies you can go with, and even more counters. Mechs are really nicely designed, visually and functionally. Upgrades for units can drastically change outcome of battles.

I've read that higher elo rankings had developed certain meta to play (as always), but creators are adding new units which shake up things.

deama

Prophet
When is this going out of early access? Any dates floating around?

rumSaint

Educated
I haven't noticed any dates floating around, there is no roadmap, or official statement, they plan to add at least 4 new units and work for some performance improvements, as 4 player brawl can fry PCs, so it may take some time.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
When is this going out of early access? Any dates floating around?

game is multiplayer focused with balance patches and all

there is fundamentally no difference if you go to play now and after EA release because the game constantly gets patched and will still get patched after launch considering the online nature of it

just buy it now if you are interested, game is pretty fun

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom