Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

buffalo bill

Arcane
Wait, it just dawned on me this is the same developer that did Serpent in the Staglands isn't it?

I actually have that game in my library and have been thinking about playing it. Anyone have any experience with it?

Btw this game's cyberpunk atmosphere wrecks CP2077's shit so hard it makes me feel bad.

Flawed gem. Some good ideas, like casting requires no resources but occupies full caster attention, and non-combat uses for spells (turning into a bat or something to enter trees), and soul draining companions; but it's kinda ruined by an overly sparse world, a bad ending, crazy unbalanced combat and way way too much trash combat. there's some good C&C (if I remember right, you can betray a town to some witches or something, which I think affects the town later?), but way too little. Good hidden content (there's a way to get to the realm of vampire-like beings and do some stuff with them which, if I remember right, is completely optional), but again not enough. The cities were especially bad content-wise—it was like there was nothing there. The graphics, setting and atmosphere were top notch though, especially atmosphere—like top-5 imo of any game I've played. Similar to diablo maybe (another game that's good with atmosphere but kinda crap with everything else).

Mechanically, Mechajammer is already more sound and balanced than SitS (imo rtwp is not great, and it was especially not great in SitS), and I hope the devs actually build a game with NPCs and quests to go with it. The devs' ability to build a nice world in SitS—and some really good ideas in an overall not-great game—initially fueled my interest in Copper Dreams/Mechajammer. It seems that they've learned from at least some of their mistakes when it comes to the combat mechanics. If SitS had better combat, all other flaws would have been forgivable imo.

geno

Savant
Wait, it just dawned on me this is the same developer that did Serpent in the Staglands isn't it?

I actually have that game in my library and have been thinking about playing it. Anyone have any experience with it?
I barely played it, I'm waiting for the expansion. Any day now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I barely played it, I'm waiting for the expansion. Any day now.

That "expansion" is going to be a standalone game you know.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Demo now contains drivable vehicles, which is cool—except that they are completely useless because turn-based mode is automatically turned off while using one of them!

Combat continues to feel smoother, but the new map is less interesting than the old battle maps: fewer elevation changes, fewer destructable features.

The new sprites look worse than the last set of sprites. I think they're trying to implement more detailed heads, but it really just looks like bigger heads, which gives me unfortunate jRPG vibes.

Keyboard controls are better than before but kinda counterintuitive. Useable eventually with practice, but an unnecessarily large learning curve for silly reasons (they place the downward-diagonal buttons on keys that are very unnatural for me given where the other keys are).

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
upload_2020-12-14_4-33-43.png

why this picture of them together is "photoshopped" ?
wasn't more simple for them to take a photo together?

are they still a couple?

grimace

Arcane
View attachment 16707

why this picture of them together is "photoshopped" ?
wasn't more simple for them to take a photo together?

are they still a couple?

They each took a turn at taking a picture of the other. They took the best portrait of each face and combined them in one image.

Game developers are not Instagram models.

End the fake news!

grimace

Arcane

Diggfinger

Arcane
Merry Christmas? Not happy holidays? Based. Now I need to member did I actually baked to this or not. They did Kickstarter correct?

Yes, and a free Christmas gift:
http://whalenoughtstudios.com/mechajammer/MechajammerOST_ScrapTech.mp3

"My name is Kevin Balke, also known as ‘V-Axys’ and I’m a composer, audio engineer, sound designer and music teacher."
From Germany!

https://twitter.com/whalenought/status/1342210094172413958

He did stellar work on SiTs' soundtrack. Really like the direction here too!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom