Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

new fucking guy

Scholar
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
shoot brain-dead enemies and then it ends
This is the most offending part. If there was one decent encounter to actually show what the combat system can do I'd be more than happy. Instead you get to smack some idiots on head 20 times, as if the devs wanted to say "hey look the code works" - well I'm glad it does, but where's the game you fucks

Zer0wing

Cipher
Alright, so I finished the demo which was way shorter than I thought (that's what she said). Putting aside the LGBTBBQ nonsense and the lack of high-T portraits, the game mechanics are bland and leaning towards popamole. Turns out that the exciting, new simultaneous turn-based system is just.... *drum roll*.... real-time with pause. Shooting takes up 1-2 turns, while moving takes up 1 turn. (EDIT: well it's not really traditional RTWP either; Maggot provided a better explanation 5 posts down)
Fuck this jrpg-nonsense of a game them.
One thing I don't get about the non-binary thing... Wouldn't a troon just want to play as a real female? :/
They are and will, even in Cyberpunk 2077 with a penis slider crap.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck the demo isn't good. If this is the representation of the final game, then meh.

Combat is lame. It's a simultaneous turn based system that feels like something without the tactical depth of a true TB system nor the reflex, speed based quality of true real time action game. (The enemy in the demo doesn't help either they're literally mindless zombies)

Dialouge system is what? The presentation look cool, but ypur character only have option to utter few ambiguous words while the other character just ramble seeming disconnected words

Visuals is great, i like the UI but it doesn't implement true scaling so it hurts my fucking eyes in high resolution monitor.

Yeah 5 years for this . . Astray project. Member when this have grandia ATB system? I member.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
z0d3cSL.png

I feel a real connection with the game now.

Because me too I just started to identify as a non-payer (a.k.a. pirate)

Last edited:

BlackGoat

Arbiter
I think it still looks cool, tho I much prefer the very first ps1-ish looking Metal Gear Solid style. And that gameplay also seemed more interesting. Alas

buffalo bill

Arcane

It's pretty, but still looks WAY too easy. I don't see why they bother putting non-threats in the game that you can just willy-nilly blast your way through without thought or planning.

I swear there was a point in the beta with a big open map and enemies that fought smart and could kill you. Just give me back that game. It was fun and challenging. Not the BS casual-as-fuck demo that showed off incredibly easy combat in a corridor map with awful narrative structure and presentation.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Imagine if they spent time making content, instead of bumblefucking their way through every single artstyle in the world.
This is why you should have design documents.

PEACH

Arbiter
Weren't we supposed to get a release date in June?

There’s fun news about the game coming this month along with release dates

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom