Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Mechajammer (formerly Copper Dreams) - cyberpunk RPG from Whalenought Studios

PapaPetro

The dark watercolor aesthetic is pretty cool; really captures the rained out and drained cyberpunk world feel.
Will keep a tabs on.
Brother have I got news for you.
Yeah the vaporware tag really deflated my full on chub.

daveyd

Savant
Well, despite their weird radio silence they just updated a beta build of their game this morning so it's not as "dead dead".

AdolfSatan

Arcane
(not in chronological order, and no idea if these are all of them)
DtHEUNAUcAIWkau.jpg:large
bae98037bfc8ed93114f6a2ad1fa38c1_original.gif

CopperDreams_Combat.png

CopperDreams_HUD.png

Copper-Dreams-Alpha-screenshot-HUDBTMLevel.jpg

EF6qaw-GX0-AEBo-Af.jpg

Ddz_AI5i_U0_AIda_Rp_1.jpg

DgN4lwEV4AEy-PV

Dx3gl3CU8AAZVdi
c0776a673fc57565eeb5584bbe36cb74_original.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

crakkie

Arcane
If its not obvious from the new screenshot, the actors are 2D now and the background is 3D (and even simpler & more pixelated than that 'original' MGS-like style). That fancy robot thing above is wasted I guess, unless they render it to a sprite.

A couple shots for those without beta access

cd1.png

cd2.png

cd3.png

I tried the new combat out a bit, and it's much more brisk and gratifying now.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, the new look is pretty tight. I hope it's relatively easy to port all the maps and mechanics developed over to it, because I played a good amount of the beta maps and they were good. Verticality, hidden nooks and cranies, engaging mechanics.

crakkie are any of the ~2017-2018 era vision / hearing / combat tile-based mechanics still in?

crakkie

Arcane
Yeah, the new look is pretty tight. I hope it's relatively easy to port all the maps and mechanics developed over to it, because I played a good amount of the beta maps and they were good. Verticality, hidden nooks and cranies, engaging mechanics.

crakkie are any of the ~2017-2018 era vision / hearing / combat tile-based mechanics still in?
It’s been so damn long so I’m not sure. Arena is pretty much a chaotic, respawning Deathmatch. From what I could tell the player and enemies have a similar cone of vision which is indicated on the radar, enemies disappear when out of sight, and there is an indicator to enemy locations when in hearing range. The game went back to a simple grid (they still had that ‘dot’ sub-grid system last time I played). You can pick up, move, and stack boxes for cover, or climb on top to be a better target. I’ll try again after work.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:what: Game renamed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649838104/copper-dreams/posts/2900582

Update 27: Mechajammer, high octane cyberpunk turn-based mayhem

Greetings! We hope this reaches you all in good health.

The Copper Dreams project gets a new name to go with its shiny coat of paint and ruleset as we begin to complete main sections of the game. Beta v2 deathmatch modes now available for testing and glory.

We had mentioned earlier this spring that we wanted to perfect some of the movement systems and companions in the game since the alpha work. The Alpha/Beta v1 response has favored tighter controlled characters for faster turns with simultaneous minded tactics, and we've chiseled beta v2 to focus on that. And it delivers:

There’s an improved interface for actions, and we made the appropriate cozy visuals to engage your fleshy eyeballs and roleplaying imagination. Sprites are super easy to at-a-glance in the midst of the action compared to their 3d counterparts of old, allowing you to survey a battlefield much more quickly. The environment lovingly followed — an industrious colony surface atop the skeletal husk of a city with a century worth of damage from the Ci-War, now pushing back the encroaching jungle and mutations from all sides and depths. All of it drenched in rain-soaked streets, haunted under-cities, and atomizing laser deaths.

7c2b6e4082b376bf620aac454949fea4_original.gif

An abandoned AgroFax farm outside the city walls.

For those of you who got a beta release a while back as we were finishing up on our final tweaks for tiles and squad gameplay, that’s been updated on Steam with all changes. If you didn’t receive that invite send us an email and we can shoot you another. All other KS tiers will be receiving an early test invite in the future (final release date coming soon). Next release(s) on Steam will be additional maps to test on, and soon the first big chunk of the game to explore.

We’re also working on some updates for the community page so that's been currently down, and the next content we share will be more story related now that beta v2 is done and we're getting more chunks of the main map done.

Cheers,

Hannah & Joe

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Imagine being a project lead in a team consisting of Joe and Hannah in a big AAA company on crunch time for next month's release....
sweatonmybrow.png

In fact, imagine Hannah and Joe managed by Feargus :P

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom