Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mechajammer Kickstarter Update #37: Releasing on December 2nd

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Mechajammer; Modern Wolf; Whalenought Studios

Earlier this week, publisher Modern Wolf announced that there would be major news about Mechajammer today during the MIX Next 2021 event. It was pretty obvious that they were going to announce a release date, but given the game's history I was quite surprised to learn that it'll be out this year, on December 2nd. Joe and Hannah published a Kickstarter update about the news, but Modern Wolf's announcement on the game's Steam page is more informative.

It's the news you've been waiting for.

As part of The MIX Next showcase, which aired over the weekend, we've dropped a new teaser trailer for Mechajammer, officially revealing that the game will be available from December 2nd, 2021.

In case you've been living under some form of a large rock, Mechajammer is an isometric cyberpunk CRPG, set in a far-future Earth that has been ravaged by overcrowding, pollution, and war. Mechajammer takes place on Calitana, a low-tech mining colony with a central city carved out of the planet’s dense jungles. The Ci-War and the Syndicates’ abuse of power have lasted so long that they have become a fixture of everyday life, and humans struggle through the sorrows and triumphs of life with the threat of violence never far from their periphery.

It's a game designed with the player agency as the key focus; a game where your escape from Calitana can be approached in any manner that best suits you.

If that's not enough, from next week - and the run-up to launch - we will be starting a Feature Deep Dive series that delves into the nitty of the game so you are as prepared as possible for Mechajammer's launch.

Look out for that very soon...

As stated, Modern Wolf intend to publish a series of Mechajammer feature videos starting from next week. Whalenought's Kickstarter update also includes what appears to be a sneak preview of the game's intro cutscene, so check that out too. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I hope they aren't being rushed!

Glad

Literate
Serpent in the Staglands was mysterious and exciting, but somehow felt short and shallow. I loved the graphics and atmosphere. It's very likely I will check this one out.

Falksi

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands was mysterious and exciting, but somehow felt short and shallow. I loved the graphics and atmosphere. It's very likely I will check this one out.

The world was just too empty sadly, and the combat needed some variation too. But they nailed the design, atmosphere and premise.

If they do a sequel for me they could quite easily set it in the same world, and just fill it out more.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Somewhat interested.

Wait, did they change the graphics again? I kind of remember it being a bit more dark/gritty last year.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Has anything been said on the subject of quest design and that kinda stuff? Afaik all they ever talk about is combat (boring, going by the demo impressions) and vehicles.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Has anything been said on the subject of quest design and that kinda stuff? Afaik all they ever talk about is combat (boring, going by the demo impressions) and vehicles.
i do hope that vehicles are optional

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
actually i also do hope that party management is optional too. Way too many features

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Prepare yourselves to be betatesters.

But then again, some people/gamers deserve their fate/butthurt

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
So its kind of a janky syndicate spin-off game now?

I remember the last trailer being better, darker and grittier..

PRobably not gonna play this right now, if at all.... I think I even backed the kickstarter....

jac8awol

Arbiter
SITS was interesting but came out unfinished and janky, and got no love after release. I already know what's up with these guys. Fool me once...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom