Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Mechwarrior Living Legends

Mechs

• Total voters

Black

Arcane
Gents, recently I've been playing this FREE gem and it's a fucking blast. The game has everything from battle armor, hovercrafts and tanks to mechs, vtol and aerofighters. Even jump jets are amazing, unlike in sp MW games. And there's Long Tom. Apparently recently there's been a small surge of players due to a new patch so at peak hours people can populate around 3 servers. It's no wonder to me that (((PGI))) tried to shut it down but thankfully the community left it where the original team left off.
Also, remember that Duncan Fisher, Solaris Arena announcer from MW4 Mercs? He's been contacted by the modders and recorded some fresh lines for this for free.
Everything you need is here- https://clanjadewolf.net/mwll/, you don't need any gamespy accounts or whatever, it's simple and shouldn't be a problem for people who manage to navigate rpgs' terrible UIs.
The only bad things I have to say is that the game is still somewhat buggy, can crush occasionally and that on some maps vehicles like tanks or hovercrafts can get stuck easily.
Other than that, I don't think I've played a better game for months, maybe even years. So give it a try, I'd love to PPC and get gauss's by some of you lovable faggots.

Disclaimer: I made this in general gaming and not in online gaming because more people will see this here, do not move this to that dead subforum or THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I no longer need a copy of Crysis wars?

Ohhh boy. I'd suggest to start a proper Codexian match then, the only games that Codexers play are the free ones.

I would be up for some giant robot stomping. GMT+1.

Black

Arcane
I no longer need a copy of Crysis wars?
Nope, just the two things from the site I linked.
The feeling of enemy mechs suddenly moving backwards once they see an Atlas coming up is quite :obviously:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
...this...is an unexpectedly high amount of incline...

I wish I had the time to actually play.
:negative:

...Fortunately I've been assembling my Lance IRL:

madcatmech.jpg

Jinn

Arcane
I tested this out a little bit today with just keyboard and mouse and it seems like it could be really fun. Tomorrow I'm going to plug in my joystick and give it a solid try. Hopefully more people will find out about this, because there were only about 3 nicely populated servers that I could see. I'm sure that changes throughout the day, however.

Black

Arcane
Yesterday was fun, I joined a game late, so people were already in heavies and assaults but I could only afford starter stuff. So I took my trusty ER PPC Chevalier, went passive radar, starter blasting "Danger Zone" and out I went.
Lo and fucking behold I found an enemy Atlas. Alone. Mano a mano. I decided that should I die it won't be without a fight and what do you fucking know, all those years playing GTAs paid off as I rammed the fucker and stayed under him while poking his thick armor. It was pretty much David vs Goliath, except in this case Goliath couldn't look down enough to shoot me. Unfortunately our manly duel was interrupted by my friendlies who helped me slay the beast.
Nowhere else can you get that kind of experience.

Last edited:

Severian Silk

The terrain doesn't look destructible. I didn't see stuff like barricades either.

Black

Arcane
Some maps have destructible terrain, most don't.

Black

Arcane
Here's a video of a guy trying to show off how battle armoire can be played.

Renegen

Arcane
Played the game many years ago as a Crysis mod, strafing the battlefield in planes was pretty fun, though somewhat imbalanced in favour of the mechs. The game offers a lot, above all authenticity.

Black

Arcane
Apparently it works fine under WINE too, so that covers about 2 Codexers.

Black

Arcane

Can never have proper giant death machine sim without good sounds.

Black

Arcane
I've made this thread when the game was 0.8.2, now it's 0.8.4
Higher numbers = better.

Black

Arcane

This is one of the more unique maps since you can't see shit. You have to rely on your or your team's c3, bap/bhp, TAG and NARC and visual cues like laser beams.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom