Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Mechwarrior Living Legends

Mechs

• Total voters

Black

Arcane
Those are the private servers, because the game doesn't have any other kind. People start playing at around USA evenings so it's best to try then.
Sometimes magic doesn't happen and there's not enough players to kick start a new evening but what can you do with such a small playerbase.
To quickly see how many people are on you can just check https://stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I played a few times last week and it was about 50 people on the server. Fun times. I've been surprised by how good this game is. They nailed the fighting as big robots but I figured it would just be a dumb team deathmatch. Instead they made it well balanced and you have to play well and with your team or you can waste the team's tickets. It makes it into a game I could play long term because getting good at it would pay off.

Black

Arcane
There is team deathmatch (team solaris arena) but pretty much everybody prefers terrain control as the go-to play mode since it lets people utilize all kinds of assets all game long. Seeing light mechs in late game isn't rare in LL but super rare in other MW games.

Black

Arcane
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mechwarrior-living-legends/news/development-review-june-july

A new map, two new weapon systems, and a surprise new mech! Also new Inner Sphere-tech laser sounds!

NEW ORION MECH​

Often called "a poor man's Atlas," the Orion is a five-century-old design that still has its place on the modern battlefield. Several famous names throughout BattleTech history piloted such a 'mech, including Star League Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky. The Orion is a workhorse, well-armored and armed with weapons for all ranges. It's a classic, and classics never die.
Lineup1.png

Lineup2.png

Black

Arcane
There was a guy or guys here who wanted to play it on Linux so lo and behold.

"1) WINEPREFIX="/point/to/MW:LL/install" winetricks --force --gui ( i'm not sure the --force flag is needed but i just use it out of habit )
2) install vcrun2005, d3dx10_43 and d3dcompiler_43 under components
3) if your using lutris as well use the wine version lutris-ge-proton7-25-x86_64 ( however any wine version will work as long as it's 7+ ) and make sure e-sync and f-sync are on
4) the launcher will lock up after downloading about 3gib, just close and reopen it'll work just fine ( my guess is the launcher is 32-bit but i haven't looked into it at all )
5) i could not get the java keybinder to work so i just edited the .xml file located at /mechwarrior-living-legends/drive_c/users/name/Documents/My Games/Crysis Wars/Profiles/profile/actionmaps.xml with Micro ( nano or vim works just fine as well )
6) that's all, for my first match i got my ass kicked by an ares tank in the solaris arena ( i got to break the MWO/MW5 training for this game ) i got about 3 hours under my belt and got to say this is the most fun i've had in a mech game since Armored core for answer multiplayer and i look foward to playing more"

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mechwarrior-living-legends/news/development-review-june-july

A new map, two new weapon systems, and a surprise new mech! Also new Inner Sphere-tech laser sounds!

NEW ORION MECH​

Often called "a poor man's Atlas," the Orion is a five-century-old design that still has its place on the modern battlefield. Several famous names throughout BattleTech history piloted such a 'mech, including Star League Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky. The Orion is a workhorse, well-armored and armed with weapons for all ranges. It's a classic, and classics never die.
Lineup1.png

Lineup2.png

Hope the armor is good because the loadouts are underwhelming. I can't see its edge over any high-tier medium mech.
Also the model looks low poly and somehow... flat compared to the others.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have found memory of this map. Very well designed and always fun.

Black

Arcane
Death Valley is a classic, it's one of the better maps for sure. It's the de_dust 2 of LL maps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom