Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline meh Ubisoft (Ubi fuckery general thread)

Gerrard

Arcane
We have one for EA so why not?

>make a closed "alpha" (less than 2 months before release) test for a game
>say you want feedback from players
>fail to give them permissions to access the closed test forums where they are supposed to post said feedback (vBulletin is teh hard)

:vivelafrance:

E: also I will leave this here for ease of access

http://archive.is/4iod7 Ubisoft CEO claims PC has 93-95% piracy rate

pZblPQk.png

Last edited:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We have one for EA so why not?

>make a closed "alpha" (less than 2 months before release) test for a game
>say you want feedback from players
>fail to give them permissions to access the closed test forums where they are supposed to post said feedback (vBulletin is teh hard)

:vivelafrance:
No worries, Vivendi gonna straighten them out.

pippin

Ubisoft do all the bd things every major AAA dev does. Capitalism fuckery general thread when?

Gerrard

Arcane
Did Kotick ever lie about piracy statistics (which they had no way of accurately measuring anyway)?

Also let me remind you of the time they declared their DRM a success because it "reduced piracy", but without mentioning it also reduced PC sales by 90%.

FeelTheRads

Arcane

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I have some Ubisoft games on Steam that require Uplay even when I try to launch them through Steam. I don't remember what my Uplay account is so I contacted Ubisoft support, sent my keys and asked what Uplay account they are tied to, like their FAQs instructed. All I got was some copypasted responses that didn't answer my question at all so I decided that I'd rather use cracks than deal with their worthless customer support.

Fuck Ubishit.

Gerrard

Arcane
Yeah, their support is literally "Have you tried turning it off and on again?", i once was going back and forth with them for a month (waiting like 5 days for a reply every time).

Did Kotick ever lie about piracy statistics (which they had no way of accurately measuring anyway)?

Also let me remind you of the time they declared their DRM a success because it "reduced piracy", but without mentioning it also reduced PC sales by 90%.

Those 90% were the pirates, right? Then his calculations makes sense.
But then PC accounted for 23% of their sales at the beginning of 2015. Imagine what would happen if the piracy was only 80%.

If only.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm willing to be money that the "90% of PC gamers are pirates anyway" is based on the numbers taken from the sales figures for World of Goo, a small indie game whose developers were not afraid to disclose that 90% of the copies of the game being played were pirated copies.

Yes, let's judge a whole consumer market on the stats and figures of the sales of ONE game, one SMALL game, released MANY years ago.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What the fuck, are you dumb or what? That means you're losing even more money.

Jeez, what a retard!

Gerrard

Arcane
Quick question:
Assume you're calling all the shots. There is a thing you can do that will increase the number of copies sold by about 10% but also increase piracy of your game severalfold.
Do you do it?
It's funny because I'm sure Guillemot thinks every pirated copy=lost sale.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom