Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daedalic Memoria

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

Trailer of sequel to Chains of Satinav.

More Dark Eye games are always good, even if they aren't RPGs.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Fuck, Memoria is good. Much better than CoS, and I already liked that one.

Probably the best German voice acting I've ever heard, and a strong contender for best written adventure game. Daedalic's new approach to 2D/3D blending still feels a bit unpolished (lip synching and facial animations are the biggest issue), but when it works, it looks beautiful.

For the record, the main complaint from reviewers is that "the puzzles are too hard".

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Started Memoria, just escaped the chamber of DOOOOOOOM with Sadja.

Seems alright so far +M

Nope

Liturgist
I went into it a bit worried from the trailer but ended up enjoying it much the same Chains of Satinav.
It's pretty much the same experience only with the main focus on a new protagonist.
They managed to give the story a proper conclusion this time as well.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Their most enjoyable game so far. Story is not predictable, main character is a bit forgettable but it's ok since he was also in Satinav which I dropped. The use of spells adds a very welcome variety to puzzle solving but the riddles are on the easy side up until now(chapter three I think).

Achievements is a somewhat derpy addition, dunno maybe they did it for the lulz. Just hoping it doesn't become awful later like the rest of their games. Also if someone played the crpgs he gains extra points of enjoyment(you meet amazons of rondra etc etc).

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Their most enjoyable game so far. Story is not predictable, main character is a bit forgettable but it's ok since he was also in Satinav which I dropped. The use of spells adds a very welcome variety to puzzle solving but the riddles are on the easy side up until now(chapter three I think).

Achievements is a somewhat derpy addition, dunno maybe they did it for the lulz. Just hoping it doesn't become awful later like the rest of their games. Also if someone played the crpgs he gains extra points of enjoyment(you meet amazons of rondra etc etc).
Geron is not the main character of Memoria though, he plays a distant second fiddle to Sadja. He does not even get a proper ending. The whole game is dedicated to telling Sadja's story with the present segments just forming a framing narrative for the flashbacks.

EDIT: The game is really good though, I'm just pissed I didn't see the final twist coming.

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Good game indeed. Writers have done really decent job on it. It's refreshing to play the game with proper ending. The final twist is pretty logical and elegant. There were many hints and clues to it, in fact.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm currently in the elementalist council, and I have to say there's one thing I really love about this game.

It's genuinely fantastic. As in, not the "incredible!" kind of fantastic (still damn good tho), but that it's an actual adventure in a fantasy land that feels "unfamiliar" enough. I always go into fantasy games with a lot of scepticism because I keep expecting the same old done and tired tropes and lands, but this is really different and atmospheric.

Also, it kind of reminds me of the Discworld game, but obviously with a serious tone. ESPECIALLY those Andergast streets are like lifted straight from the main street of Ankh-Morpork.

Edit: XERXES!!

XERXES! XERXES!!!!

XERXES

:lol:

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I am stuck at (don't open if you haven't finished the game)
the illusions in the tower. I see two trees and two kids and somehow I have to guess what they are in reality. Can't find a way to pass this other than trial and error.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am stuck at (don't open if you haven't finished the game)
the illusions in the tower. I see two trees and two kids and somehow I have to guess what they are in reality. Can't find a way to pass this other than trial and error.
The armor and gods statues switch positions in between floors, the shield is always in the same position in between floors and the torch holder is next to the stairs.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Ho-ly-shit, dat ending. Plans within plans :eek:

And realising by myself that Sadja was simply illiterate was just icing on the cake :thumbsup:

Also, anyone else who'd seriously wish for an "adventures of the staffman" game?

Also, the 'special thanks' in credits have a few interesting lines. Broderbund? LucasArts? Sierra? Westwood? What is the meaning of this :eek:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So anybody finished it ? Thoughts ?

How about the prequel, is it worth checking out ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom