Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Men of War II - series revival by original Men of War devs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did anyone try the mp test? Any thoughts?
I played a couple of matches.

It's Men of War, but instead of having access to everything, aka units, the matches come in three phases. The first one is skirmish units, the second is middle-tier units, and so on. The big major change here is that you unlock, or buy units for each of your army stack, and the armies are now separated into different divisions. Like, I play infantry, so I don't have access to heavy tanks, however, I have Stukas, and good inf that can survive a lot. I also get some kind of medic system, not sure how it works yet, but wounded soldiers can be rescued and reused. Usually, at the end of the match, I'm the only one with units left, because everyone else went with tanks, or arty, and got their shit blasted early. The matches are of the mixed kind, which is not good for my immersion autism. You will be fighting alongside Americans and Germans, depending on what the other players picked of course.

One new cool addition, though, is that they have finally made trenches cool. You can now build them however you want, you can link them to already built ones, and repair them if they get chewed up in arty strikes. I really like this. But, I'm not sure about MP, I had some fun, but I don't know if it's my thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128860/view/5283327145271597889
Men of War II rolls out Open Beta in May
New single-player and multiplayer content as well as gameplay changes based on community feedback

c6acef26285819f123dd21db8579a6342df6bff6.png

Greetings, Commanders!

We're proud to announce that an open beta for Men of War II will
begin on Thursday, May 11, and conclude on Monday, May 15
, making it the second opportunity to get hands-on with the game after the initial Multiplayer Tech Test last month. It will be available for free here on Steam, enlisting in the open beta is simple:
  • You need to head over to the Men of War II Steam store page where you will have the option to
    ‘Request Access’
    for a ‘Men of War II Playtest’ - you can do so right now and get an e-mail notification once the beta goes live. Otherwise, clicking the button at anytime during the beta will grant you instant access.
  • If you have already taken part in the Multiplayer Tech Test, you do not need to sign up again, the ‘Men of War II Playtest’ will simply become available to install/play in your Steam Library once the beta starts.
  • Wait and jump into the action on Thursday, May 11.

The upcoming beta will once again feature a varied selection of multiplayer maps and modes but will also, for the first time ever, include
single-player content
. The developers are also implementing a
number of gameplay changes
based on your feedback, commanders.
But please keep in mind, the open beta is not fully representative of the final game, as it is still under development.
In the developers' own words:

"
With Men of War II, we aim to deliver exciting new experiences and make fresh gameplay innovations to the Men of War franchise,
" said Maxim Kamensky, Men of War II Producer at Best Way. "
We remain ever grateful to our long-time fans for their support and feedback, and where possible, will be incorporating some of the highly requested changes into the upcoming beta, with further additions being made at release and beyond.

We will be introducing the new content and the planned gameplay changes during the weeks leading up to the beta. For now, however, we would like to share
a few insights
from the previous round of public testing. We hope you find the data interesting:

6389f453898dbce3e23fc1b3469d0514ede5c96b.png

We would like to thank everyone who took their time to play the first Multiplayer Tech Test, and hope you will take part in the Open Beta as well. We are looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield, commanders!

Men of War II will be available in 2023. Remember to add the game to your wishlists!

And if you want to stay up to date on all news about Men of War II, join the game's official Discord server, and follow Fulqrum Publishing on social media!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Utterly fucking disgusting, if that's true I won't buy this piece of shit.

Guess I'll have to stick to Assault Squad 2...

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

There is still a damage model like in the previous game, but it seems like every time the vehicle gets damage it loses HP, so you can only repair it a certain amount of times until it's unrepairable, even if it's a mere track damage. In the old game you could repair a vehicle unlimited number of times until a module that can't be replaced in the field is damaged, like destroyed engine etc. That's how I understood it when I played the demo. Also the vehicles move too fast with high acceleration. Feels like you are controling a subaru impreza wrx sti and not a medium tank.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
This is as big a disgrace as Operation Flashpoint: Red Dragon was. But the real MoW devs already made the best ever WW2 RTS (even better than AS2), Gates of Hell: Ostfront. Buy that instead, it really is exceptional.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

just get gates of hell hell instead. the incredible Heat-tier soundscape and great campaigns (finland, germany, and soviet) with diverse missions is worth the price of entry alone

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Another game flees to next year: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1128860/view/3684562604963787185
We simply need more time to fix bugs. Thank you for understanding.

c6acef26285819f123dd21db8579a6342df6bff6.png

Greetings, Commanders,

After carefully analyzing your feedback, that we’ve gathered throughout public playtests, and running some additional QA rounds, we’ve made a tough decision to postpone the release of Men of War II to next year.

At this point, Men of War II is content and feature complete and includes 3 narrative and 2 historical campaigns, Conquest and Raid dynamic campaigns, each playable in 4 variations of competing nations, 15 PvP and 8 PvE multiplayer modes with over 20 maps and more. The dev team has been working tirelessly, but it’s a lot of content and features to polish, especially given that BestWay employees have to deal with difficult conditions in their home country of Ukraine. We simply need more time to fix bugs before we release the game. Thank you so much for understanding and for your continuous support of Men of War II !

Maxim Kamensky, Producer of Men of War II at Best Way, explains:
“We loved working with our dedicated community of fans during multiple Playtests and we gathered immense amounts of data and feedback. In fact, we received so many great suggestions we decided to implement, that the original schedule did not allow us to iron out all the bugs and issues in time for the September release. We feel that our fans deserve to receive a game in a completely polished and bug-free state and ask them for just a little more patience to allow us to deliver such a high quality product.”

We at FULQRUM Publishing would like to thank you all for taking part in the playtests, and for all the valuable feedback that you’ve shared.

In the meantime, we cordially invite you to join the official Men of War II Discord server if you'd like to be among the first to learn all news and chat with us, we always try to answer all questions we can there (or here in the Steam Discussions as well).

We will see you on the battlefield soon.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
:smug: Less competition for the upcoming Gates of Hell: Liberation western front DLC.

Maybe the ‘MOW 2’ devs can use that extra time to add more health bars to their game.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Now in Open Beta:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom