Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

@Mention Features

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
They had this feature in a forum I lurked for a while, and I think it was nice. Now that we have that we've embraced the next-gen and have the alerts section (which is p. cool IMO) we could use it.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-tag-me.6762/

Basically it's just a feature to @mention someone in a thread, and that user will get an alert of it, useful if you want someone to check a thread. It can also be disabled and you won't receive alerts from users you're ignoring, so you can prevent abuse if you want.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Users get notified when quoted. That's enough next-gen IMO. Can't go full next-gen.

SoupNazi

I like it because it saves me the trouble of searching for my name for ego boosts.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Given how alerts are already popping up left and right I think this would be overkill. Besides, it only works when someone intentionally aims it at a username with the @. It wouldn't give you an alert every time your nick popped up in a thread somewhere.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
If this suggestion gets enough brofists, I'll consider it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Doesn't the board already alert you if someone quotes you and responds to your quote?

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Yup, but that requires placing a quote in the text with no other purpose, while it could just be @Jaesun for doing it. It's just a minor nuisance but this way I can avoid having to do things like this.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well I like the @mention functionality, so we can just go like "in before @vaarnaaarne" in a comic thread and it would alert him of his very needed presence, or "i wonder what @garfunkel would have to say about the military capabilities of georgia anno 2012" and not just hope that somehow he will view the thread.

Shitposter
I think the idea mentioned in the OP definitely has some merit and I would not mind seeing it implemented; that said however I don't think it's OMFG TEH BEST IDEA EVAR. Definitely support it though. Could have some lulzy use as well as some serious use.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom