Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Merge CYOA with Codex Playground or make it a fully separate forum.

Schrift Macht Frei?

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
Those two things are very different categories. Such inane change was like making general gaming into a subforum of general RPG discussion. How about changing that by either revoking the existence of something that barely has more than one page of threads by merging it back with the Playground or perhaps moving it to somewhere in the main page?

PS: Not going to put a lot effort in this thread given the 0.00000000000000001% chances of an even remotely positive result.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I find it hard to decide on this. On one hand, you are right that there are not enough threads to justify a separate forum. A tag would probably serve just as well.

On the other hand, these are indeed two very different things, enough so that merging them back might not be the best of ideas. I have 9000 posts in CYOAs and about 900 in the rest of the Playground. Clearly, one of them interests me more than the other.

They have a lot in common with interactive LPs that try to engage the audience by making them choose how to progress the game. In that sense, they belong to the Playground. As I think does the multiplayer subforum (and anything that makes people get together to play games), but that's another matter.

Moving the link to the main page for higher visibility is something I proposed, but no one is interested, it seems. We have a Let's Play section in the upper-right corner, they would fit there well.

pippin

This subforum thingy is getting a bit out of hand. Tear down the Berlin wall!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
How about a "Remove X" side feedback subforum

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom