Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro 2033

Barrow_Bug

Cipher

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
File:Dglu.jpg

It was supposed to be a STALKER with a high production value, but THQ was like "DURRRR THERES NO GUNFIGHTS IN THE FIRST HOUR" and they had to remake the game to be linear and have regenerating health and shit.

Luzur

Good Sir
running in tunnels emptying your gun into monsters.

now where have i heard of that idea before?

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Seen a few gameplay videos and read the Belgium pc gameplay mag's review and must say that I'm more and more looking forward to this. Extremely limited ammo, huge gameworld, intelligent human opponents, exciting missions and a really well executed post-apocalyptic setting and mood are a few of the positive points that were mentioned.

Zeus

Cipher
It looks kinda cool. I'd rather own it on Xbox 360 as "Console STALKER" than on PC as "second-rate STALKER." Kind of like how I'd only buy Flotilla on console because it wouldn't have to directly compete with SAIS.

Melcar

Arcane
WhiskeyWolf said:
I heard it's a horrendous resource hog.
You need this in order to play:
Code:
    * Core i7 CPU
    * NVIDIA DirectX 11 compliant graphics card (GeForce GTX 480 and 470)
    * As much RAM as possible (8GB+)
    * Fast HDD or SSD

random_encounter

Educated
^^^ To simply run the game or play it, no.

To run it at "optimal" settings, yes (as opposed to having the 'minimum' or 'required' hardware specs).

WhiskeyWolf said:
I heard it's a horrendous resource hog.
So was Crysis at the time, but it wasn't utterly unplayable unless you maxed out everything. Still, haven't heard too much else about how Metro 2033 is supposed to actually play on current hardware outside of the recs. Could have as many problems a the first STALKER, AFAIK.

Melcar

Arcane
Who plays on "normal" settings anyway? That's for fags. You're not a true gamer unless you can turn on every graphical option, max out every slider, use an HD resolution, and run the game at a constant 60fps.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Melcar said:
Who plays on "normal" settings anyway? That's for fags. You're not a true gamer unless you can turn on every graphical option, max out every slider, use an HD resolution, and run the game at a constant 60fps.

Only the best is good enough for my nethack.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Zeus said:
It looks kinda cool. I'd rather own it on Xbox 360 as "Console STALKER" than on PC as "second-rate STALKER." Kind of like how I'd only buy Flotilla on console because it wouldn't have to directly compete with SAIS.

Priceless. Codex whining about shooters getting "dumbed down for consoles" while refraining from buying them for PC. Makes sense.

Was Half-life a console game in your book? Linear as fuck compared to Doom even, after all.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Half-Life wasn't a console shooter but it's the one that started the trend for shitty shooters on both platforms: linear as fuck, abusing scripted events to death, and lots of sales.

Oh yeah and shitty gameplay.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Trash said:
Seen a few gameplay videos and read the Belgium pc gameplay mag's review and must say that I'm more and more looking forward to this. Extremely limited ammo, huge gameworld, intelligent human opponents, exciting missions and a really well executed post-apocalyptic setting and mood are a few of the positive points that were mentioned.

So I see you are new to GSC-kind of hype
They were hyping Stalker exactly like that for 5 years. And in the end you were healing your critical wounds with sausages while "intelligent" human opponents were trying to find their way out of each other because of being stuck at respawn point with more and more respawns coming.

Haha I even remember how they were telling that if you will be too slow other stalkers will complete a game instead of you - and in the end CoD MW bots were more intelligent that this crap.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Actually I'm this enthousiastic because of that review in pc gameplay mag which I mentioned. Which also had some fun looking gameplay vids on the dvd. Not because of trailers or something. Pro's I already mentioned. Cons were linearity, dumb mutants and railroaded (literally) shooter sections.

Basically it sounded like a fun shooter with a good setting and quite difficult gameplay. Therefore I'm looking forward to it.

Zeus

Cipher
VonVentrue said:
Zeus said:

Priceless. Codex whining about shooters getting "dumbed down for consoles" while refraining from buying them for PC. Makes sense.

Who the hell are you quoting, Chief? I never said Metro was getting dumbed down for consoles. I said it looked like a second-rate STALKER--which it does (Russian setting, monsters, FPS/Horror, in-game economy based on scavenged items, etc.)

Cloning a popular title isn't the same as dumbing it down for consoles.

VonVentrue said:
Was Half-life a console game in your book? Linear as fuck compared to Doom even, after all.

I never said Metro was a PC or a console game; far as I know it's being released simultaneously, so that makes it both. Who said anything about Half-Life? Or linearity for that matter? Are you just getting pissed-off at several people and addressing it to me?

Contrary to popular belief, I am not "Codex," I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.

MetalCraze

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
MetalCraze said:
healing your critical wounds with sausages

"intelligent" human opponents were trying to find their way out of each other because of being stuck at respawn point with more and more respawns coming..

I like how Skyway makes up more and more brilliantly ludicrous things about stalker every time he mentions it

Except you forgot to post those made up ludicrous things in your quote.
The funniest thing is that even fucking CoP still had magical healing sausages.

Tails

Arbiter
Funny thing that in case of SoC spawns you complain about un-patched game. CoP sausages heal shit, like food in Fallout, thought they should drop this crap & make side effects of drinking vodka more powerful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom