Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Miasma Chronicles - post-apocalyptic tactical RPG from Mutant Year Zero devs

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

https://af.gog.com/game/miasma_chronicles?as=1649904300

ss_e60e9a80f917b31ef5546f030423feb19da52ed8.600x338.jpg
ss_0d7a19e2b6dcc3b9ce26494655fbaf4885c72ad7.600x338.jpg

In the not-too-distant future. America has been torn apart by a savage force known only as the ‘Miasma’.

Meet Elvis, a young man brought to the mining town of Sedentary as a baby. Left by his mother in the care of a robotic older ‘brother’ and given a mysterious glove with which he can control the Miasma.

Join the brothers on a quest across a post-apocalyptic wasteland to find the answers they crave. Answers which may change the course of human history forever.

• Realtime exploration gameplay meets tactical, turn-based combat with RPG elements.
• Explore rich beautiful environments meeting outlandish characters.
• Upgradable weapons and abilities give your heroes the edge in combat.
• An involving fantasy story through which you learn the truth behind the Miasma.

From the creators of Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden, comes a beautifully crafted tactical adventure you won’t forget.

Last edited by a moderator:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The script writer for that anncounement trailer needs to be fired.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1649010/view/3337745389841264406

Concept Art Showcase (June)
Hey everyone, James here, Brand Community Manager at 505 Games and the voice for the recently announced
Miasma Chronicles.

Since its
brief
tease as part of the 505 Games Showcase in May, we’ve seen the hype for Miasma Chronicles grow. We all know you want to know more details – don’t worry, we’ll be sharing more with you soon - But, that doesn’t mean that we can’t SHOW you a sneak peek into a world decimated by Miasma.

-

8e5ae3c31a60e828ac65aacb6cad52038ae4b59e.png

Elvis and Diggs' 33rd attempt to break through the Miasma Wall - Concept Art for the scene used for the Announcement Trailer

e791c3619db9e4f59f38f7f2b8493ce631a5385e.jpg

Elvis and Diggs enter the Frog Settlement - 4K

9731e4ff7eaa32837794a665c37326827841aa29.png

Elvis' Miasma Glove at full charge, this can pack a punch

b4ef134618fca56c97bce3ba46326a2961d37bfa.jpg

Elvis and Diggs lost deep in the Swamp - 4K

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1649010/view/3363644258045415851
Concept Art Showcase (July)
Hey everyone, James here, Brand Community Manager at 505 Games and working on Miasma Chronicles.

This July, we delved deeper into the world and lore of New America – giving you a glimpse of the scale of the brothers' journey and more importantly, what’s at stake.

From the humble mining town of Sedentary, Elvis and Diggs will explore beyond the world they know. From the infamous Gator Zone to The DRC. The brothers will learn what caused the Miasma to appear and why Elvis was given that glove.

We’ll be sharing more info about Miasma Chronicles soon, so keep your eyes on our social channels. We’ll be seeing you.

-

9f515de8966738301f8e53b5aba999f557cc2a43.jpg

Welcome to Sedentary - the only home the brothers know.

0a69db6b6a95d3fda0d691f3143307d02afda79a.jpg

Exploration is key to understanding the effects Miasma has had on New America.

7862fc42fbdeb7c7fb6bdd460f62b45f8ae5a92f.jpg

Ahh, the DRC - Dead Robot City - a beacon of light to those made out of steel and oil.

-

Follow Miasma Chronicles below
Facebook - https://facebook.com/MiasmaChronicles
Instagram - https://instagram.com/miasmachron
Twitter – https://twitter.com/MiasmaChron
Reddit – https://reddit.com/r/miasmachronicles
Discord - https://discord.gg/QcfjSCVEg7

Wishlist Miasma Chronicles today!

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, that trailer was... uh.... odd.
And the voices of the characters really don't work for me. What's that supposed to be? Street slang?

Still, no furry main character is a plus.

Fargus

Arcane
I've played Mutant Year Zero and it was banal shit boring game that i never finished. Dont know about their epic gay store exclusive but i heard it was a failure. This is like the third shitty xcom clone they are making.

also

9PQeLOq.jpg

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Mutant Year Zero was good but relied waaayyyy too much on its "silent kill" feature, its expansion was great though - I had memorable moments.
Corruption 2029 was terrible, and clearly a way for them to cash-in quickly with what may have been an early "neutral" version of MYZ before they received the licence.
I have high hope for this game, if it is anything like the MYZ expansion.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Concept Art Showcase (November)
Hey everyone, James here, Brand Community Manager at 505 Games and working on Miasma Chronicles!

It’s been a minute since we’ve last given you a little update on Miasma Chronicles, and for the eagle-eyed viewers, you may have seen some brand-new video clips doing the rounds on social media.

So, ICYMI, here’s what you may have missed in November for Miasma Chronicles.

-

Stealth Gameplay & Diggs

You all know by now that Miasma Chronicles is a tactical turn-based RPG. But what does that mean in terms of gameplay?

We sat down with Mark Parker (Producer) from The Bearded Ladies...

“... we expanded on the stealth system, we have a much more precise system to what we did before (Mutant Year Zero). We have the ability to distract enemies, you can throw items and enemies will walk off, you can get them out of the pack and isolate them and take them down. We have interactive objects in the background, which can be targeted and make explosions, for example.”

giphy.gif

Mark also gave us a small insight into where Diggs came from, and why he’s the perfect combat companion

“...he’s really gung-ho, DIGGS. And ‘cause he’s not a living thing he tends to be a kind of, risk taker. So, he’s much more willing to like jump in with both feet to stuff and doesn’t think about everybody else, ‘cause he can just weld his arm back on if it comes off or what not. So it’s not really a problem for him to take a few hits.”

giphy.gif

-

We’re not letting you go without a little sneak peek at who you will be facing further in your journey. Introducing, The Collectors

94c09e3d905f62072d5a2229b590ae51334b880a.jpg

The Collectors, are special envoys to the First Family and are feared throughout New America.

See you next month for a more 'festive' update!

-

Follow the official Miasma Chronicles social channels for all the up-to-date news and sneak peeks into a world devastated by Miasma.

Facebook - facebook.com/MiasmaChronicles
Instagram - instagram.com/miasmachron
Twitter – @MiasmaChron
Reddit – reddit.com/r/miasmachronicles
Discord - discord.gg/QcfjSCVEg7

Miasma Chronicles is set to launch in 2023 | Wishlist today!

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Inside Miasma Chronicles: January 2023
Hey everyone and Happy New Year!

We have lots to show and share with you throughout 2023. So, if you haven’t done so, make sure to follow our social accounts to make sure you get the latest and greatest info coming straight to your devices (links below)

So, without further ado, here's what you may have missed this January

NEW IN-ENGINE SCREENSHOTS

Behind the scenes, the teams at The Bearded Ladies and 505 Games are working hard to fine-tune every detail to get Miasma Chronicles to you THIS YEAR. While we were tinkering, we wanted to share more of the game with you, in-engine. We’ll have more to share with you in February, but ‘till then check out some in-game screens below

64fa7240452c47450037535b84d6d7b9fe0f3e01.jpg

"Keep Tiger Tough little brother" - Elvis and Diggs take on the frog monsters.

79c6fbeeb0ec6002d566f7566980fcdc988d1632.jpg

Elvis, Diggs' journey will take them far and wide.

5a0da141c660daba4dc079aebef00e6af2a03be4.jpg

The DRC is full of wonders

MORE CONCEPT ART

We of course have more concept art to share with you too, focussing on the Rag Tag group of heroes you’ll be playing alongside.

8d046be63c9eab398561ee6fdbd4c80a884a911d.jpg

"Elvis, a small-town mechanic, got a mysterious and powerful glove with a cryptic challenge from his mother who left him as a kid: learn to master the glove, blast through the Miasma Wall, and find me once again"

5f330a1ad2b44e43a5e8335cacd3a015a080c2f7.jpg

"Diggs is Elvis’ “big brother” and trusted protector with the strength of ten men and a heart bigger than the whole town. He’s the only family Elvis has got… but he’s a machine: a tough old excavator bot on his last legs."

18fe03fca3e33ae4bf8537ee5a6bde2609396331.jpg

"Jade, a gun-for-hire slips into Elvis’ life offering him a deal: she’ll keep him alive long enough to blast through the Miasma Wall, if he’ll lead her to the warrior witch Bha Mahdi. Why? She wants revenge against the First Family"

e6b7ddc02f06ebc1549cf0967ec9599227b05283.jpg

"Mason is the righteous Mayor of Sedentary. He’s known for the pride in his heart and the fire in his belly, even though he lost his heart and belly years ago. He is determined to protect his town from the horrors pushing on its borders"

We have MUCH MORE to share with you in February, so turn those notifications on

Miasma Chronicles will be launching in 2023

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Inside Miasma Chronicles: February 2023
Hey everyone, what a month it has been! In case you missed it, we shared with you an early look at Miasma Chronicles, BRAND-NEW screenshots and we also have a request for you all to get involved with some upcoming plans.

Take a look at what you may have missed this February below. Don’t forget to follow Miasma Chronicles across all your favourite social channels so you don’t miss out

NEW IN-ENGINE SCREENSHOTS

We said last month that we have more to show with you in February, and we weren’t kidding. Check out some of the latest in-engine screenshots below.

ccc162ac0c7d258672599dd14f28ab93f88162a3.jpg

They don’t call it "Widows Mine" for nothing

d76a1e29d721f7d388923915c100f2d7e5c38094.png

Your journey over a Miasma-stricken will take its toll, and even DIGGS needs a break. Who knows what you might learn along the way

f2a33fcc47b22949f1891028922dbad419d84caa.jpg

On quiet nights, if you listen very carefully, you might hear the voices of the Originals calling out from the ruins of their civilization... sometimes they might be the contorted, sorrowful voices of creatures brought into existence by the Miasma

30350baf218125c7499c269d4bfe45f18fbd5901.jpg

Looking for quality guns & ammo? Then look no further than Orginal Bertha's. Don't trust anyone else! Regardless of who takes the role, the proprietor and manager of Original Betha's MUST assume the title of 'Bertha Jr' - we are still determining if that's her name!

REQUEST: QUESTIONS FOR THE DEVS

Over the coming weeks, we'll be holding Q&A sessions with The Bearded Ladies, to talk all things Miasma Chronicles. These sessions will be filmed and broadcast on YouTube, TikTok, Steam and all other social platforms - and we want your help!

You've seen the trailers, the concept art, the screens and the alpha gameplay, now we want your questions and your theories to be put to the team.

From today, 'till March 30th, we're inviting the community to submit their questions to the team using this form. So get your questions in below NOW

Submit your questions here

Be creative - think outside of the box. We will be releasing more information about release dates etc soon, so think creatively - What do you think the Miasma is? How do you pronounce Miasma? Why Turn-based combat? What were your influences, how did you get into game development etc?

This is an exciting opportunity to get your questions about Miasma Chronicles answered by the developers themselves, Mark Parker (Producer), Lee Varley (Gameplay Director) and the rest of the team.

As mentioned, we'll be sharing the responses to these questions in some upcoming Q&As and videos that we have planned. Keep your eyes peeled for more information on those soon.

We have loads more to share with you in March, so keep those notifications on

Miasma Chronicles will be launching in 2023

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1649010/view/3720575537110934777

Miasma Chronicles Launching May 23rd, 2023
Prepare yourself for a journey across a New-America - fighting giant frogs, guerrilla robots and an environmental threat

Hey everyone, James here, Brand Community Manager at 505 Games and I’m excited to announce that Miasma Chronicles will be launching from May 23rd, 2023 on Steam.

52a648a32e5e42c00b689f8835f4819d40bf6c61.jpg

Miasma Chronicles, by the legendary team that bought you Mutant Year Zero - The Bearded Ladies, is a tough and intense tactical RPG. Set in the near future, following the fallout of devastating environmental apocalypse that twisted the United States as we know it today. We follow Elvis and Diggs, two unlikely brothers on a journey of discovery, through a wasteland, reeling from a savage force known as the ‘Miasma’.

Digital players will be able to get their hands on Miasma Chronicles, across all platforms, from May 23rd. Hit that wishlist button now to get access from day one.

Following that, Miasma Chronicles will also be coming to a video game store near you. The physical edition for consoles, including art book and Elvis’ Mine Technician Suit and Diggs’ Mine Rescue Shell, will be available in Europe from June 9th and North America from June 20th.

64fa7240452c47450037535b84d6d7b9fe0f3e01.jpg

We know you will have many questions right now, but don’t worry, we’ll be covering them all soon. In the meantime, tune into the Future Games Show on March 23rd for a brand-new look at Miasma Chronicles.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
The dev confirms this game is a RPG
Miasma Chronicles - FAQs
Hey everyone,

James here, Brand Community Manager and 505 Games working alongside The Bearded Ladies on Miasma Chronicles.

Since dropping the release date trailer and subsequently, the recent news, we’ve received loads of questions from all over the world wanting to know everything there is to know about Miasma Chronicles. So, as we are now around 5 weeks away, we felt now would be the perfect time to answer some of your Frequently Asked Questions.

To note, we know that there are still some questions that haven’t been included, and we will update the article as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience.

If there are any burning questions that you’d like the team to answer, let us know below.

See you soon

-

General Questions.

What is Miasma Chronicles?
Miasma Chronicles is an intensive tactical RPG, from The Bearded Ladies (the team that bought you Mutant Year Zero). Set shortly after an environmental renaissance, we join Elvis and Diggs, two brothers on a journey of discovery through the heart of a 'New-America' which has been torn-apart by a devastating force known only as the ‘Miasma’.

By "RPG" - we mean "RPG". Miasma Chronicles has a heavy focus on RPG players, with familiar gameplay that players will enjoy; Exploration, Skill Upgrades, Customisation and a heart-warming and engaging narrative.

Wait?! Is this turn-based? Why turn-based?!
Miasma Chronicles has been designed as an homage to PS1 RPGs of old (Xenogears, Final Fantasy etc). It’s the type of games we love to play –and love to make.

It’s predominantly a tactical game that will test your skills, but you will also explore a variety of environments from small towns, sprawling forests and giant industrial cities – meeting weird and wonderful characters along the way as you play through the deep narrative.

Combat is turn-based. This allows for the player to think about their next move before going in and blowing themselves up. The enemies in Miasma Chronicles can be challenging, so allowing you to adapt, use your environment and the vast array of weapons and skills to take down your enemies is very rewarding.

Will there be multiplayer?
No. Miasma Chronicles is a single player game. However, we have had a lot of fun as a team all sat on a couch with our friends and discussing the next moves.

OK, I'm in! How much will Miasma Chronicles cost?
Miasma Chronicles will be £44.99 / €49.99 / $49.99

Do you have links to the Miasma Chronicles store pages?

When will Miasma Chronicles launch?
Miasma Chronicles will launch on digitally on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Steam and Epic Games from May 23rd, 2023.

Will there be a Physical Edition of Miasma Chronicles?
Yes, Miasma Chronicles will be available in physical retailers from June 9th, 2023 in Europe and from June 20th, 2023 in North America.

The Physical Edition will also include an Artbook and Elvis’ Mine Technician Suit and Diggs’ Mine Rescue Shell character skins.

Where can I wishlist / purchase Miasma Chronicles?
You can wishlist Miasma Chronicles digitally from today using your preferred digital store.

For physical, check your preferred retailer for their current stock updates

Can I pre-order Miasma Chronicles?
Pre-orders aren't available on digital stores, but you are welcome to wishlist the game to stay up to date with latest news, etc.
*For Xbox, you can wishlist the game through the quick action's options

So, what do players get on day one if I purchase Miasma Chronicles?
On Day One, players will receive the full game of Miasma Chronicles.

If a Physical Edition is purchased for PS5 or Xbox Series X|S, then you will also receive an Artbook, Elvis’ Mine Technician Suit and Diggs’ Mine Rescue Shell Character Skins.

What are the minimum & recommended specs required for Miasma Chronicles to run on PC?

MINIMUM:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX 8350
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290
  • Storage: 30 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD (Preferred)
RECOMMENDED:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Ryzen 7
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1070 or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
  • Storage: 30 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD (Preferred)

Which languages does Miasma Chronicles support?
Miasma Chronicles will support the following languages:
English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese-Brazilian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean.

Will Miasma Chronicles support Turkish language.
Unfortunately, not at this time. Miasma Chronicles will not support the Turkish language. Does

Does Miasma Chronicles require an internet connection to play?
Good news everyone! Miasma Chronicles doesn't require an internet connection to play, but please make sure that the game is up-to-date.

Is Miasma Chronicles compatible with Mac or Linux?
No. Miasma Chronicles isn't compatible with Mac or Linux.

What FPS does Miasma Chronicles run at?
Miasma Chronicles will run at 60FPS across all platforms.

Will Miasma Chronicles support Ray Tracing?
Unfortunately, no. Miasma Chronicles will not support Ray Tracing.

Will there be a Performance and Fidelity Mode?
Not specifically. There will be a number of menu options which will help to suit every platform. Whether the emphasis is on visuals or on performance.

Where can I find support for Miasma Chronicles?
If you're in need of support while playing Miasma Chronicles, let us know at our support site: https://support.505games.com/

PC Specific Questions

Does the PC version of Miasma Chronicles support modding tools?
No. Miasma Chronicles won't support any modding tools.

Will the PC version of Miasma Chronicles support keyboard and mouse for PC?
Yes. Miasma Chronicles will support keyboard and mouse!

Does Miasma Chronicles have controller support for PC?
Yes. Miasma Chronicles for Steam, will support controllers.

Does the PC version of Miasma Chronicles support Ultrawide monitors?
Yes. Miasma Chronicles supports both Ultrawide and 4K screens.

Does Miasma Chronicles support NVIDIA GeForce Now?
No Miasma Chronicles won't support NVIDA GeForce Now.

Where are Miasma Chronicles game saves stored when playing on a PC?
Game saves will be stored locally on your device

Will the PC version of Miasma Chronicles support Steam trading cards and Steam Points?
No. Miasma Chronicles won't support Steam Trading Cards or Steam Points.

Will there be Steam Backgrounds and Emoticons available for Miasma Chronicles?
Not initially. But this is something that we will be working on after launch.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So basically it's Mutant Year Zero again but generic

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom