Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microissue tracking thread

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I think it would be of benefit to everyone here and most importantly Cleveland Mark Blakemore to know of these things so that they can be resolved hopefully in a future update to Grimoire. Please feel free to contribute with your own conformations that these are present for you as well, or list any other defects you have discovered. I will try to keep this OP up to date as information and feedback becomes more available.

Version: 2.0.0.20
Description: Dead characters can and will continue shielding allies.
Reproduce: Choose the shield option for a character and have him shield the party member alongside him (not himself). Let the shielder die while performing this action in combat. For the remainder of combat, you should see that when the formerly shielded character is attacked, the text will still report that he is being shielded by the dead shielder.
Description: 2 Handed access is greyed out after unequipping.
Reproduce: Equip a 2handed weapon on a character, the offhand will be greyed out correctly. Unequip the 2handed weapon, and the offhand will remain greyed out. In order to make it non greyed out again, you have to equip a 1handed weapon first.
Description: Item enhancements are lost after dropping them.
Reproduce: Craft on an item with one of the enhancements such as poison or sharp. Drop it on the ground from your inventory. Now pick it up again, and the item enhancement will be gone.
Description: Magic missile, possibly other spells, target multiple contrary to spell descriptions.
Reproduce: Cast magic missile in combat, it will attempt to deal damage to multiple targets in the row, despite its description saying that it only affects one target. I haven't confirmed what other spells this may be affecting.
Update: The in game description for magic missile is actually incorrect, and the spell is correctly supposed to affect multiple targets.
Description: Map footnote text is part of the save file text.
Reproduce: Make some map footnotes, anywhere on whatever maps. Save your game. The save file will append the footnote text to the party name spot. E.G. if your party name is "The Beatles", and you put a footnote on a map saying "Locked chest", after saving it's likely that you will see the save text on the party name line as "The Beatles Locked chest".
Description: Smooth turning contains graphical artifacts.
Reproduce: Turn left/right in game with smooth turning enabled and a wall to your left/right/front. If you are next to a wall, you will be able to see that wall turn with you as a graphical artifact being carried through your turn.
Description: Text in the journal descriptions get cut off if it goes too far right or has too many lines.
Reproduce: Find descriptions in the journal that contain too many lines or go too far right for a line and the words will get cut off.
BAvfC6h.png
Description: Megalith Spire shortcut causes skyboxes to vanish.
Reproduce: In the Megalith Spire, walk through the hole in the floor that transports you back to the Bahomet Megalith floor 1, and then exit the building to go outside. The skyboxes will be gone and replaced with a solid blue color, even when then transitioning areas. To avoid this, walk back the long way down the tower that you came up to go back outside and the skyboxes will be normal. AVOID THE MEGALITH SPIRE SHORTCUT!
NCpNqVm.png
Description: Incorrect graphic on the map for ladder between prophecy pitfall and the garden above it. The ladder shown in the image where my party is on indicates that the ladder travels downward, but that ladder actually connects to the garden ABOVE it, so it should instead have an arrow pointing up like the rest of the ladder icons on the map.
Reproduce: See map for prophecy pitfall and how it connects to the garden above it.
RNqoBjZ.png

Last edited:

GandGolf

Augur
You can start by going through the bug thread on the Grimoire Steam forum to see what bugs are listed there and then try to see which of them you can reproduce in version 3 to find out which ones are still present. You could also add a page to the Grimoire wiki to list which bugs still have yet to be fixed.

Dorateen

Arcane
I don't think Magic Missile is a bug. It is a group damage spell that targets all monsters in a row. Even the classic magic missile form D&D allows a higher level magic-user to redirect the projectiles to multiple targets. Working as intended, as far as I'm concerned.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I don't think Magic Missile is a bug. It is a group damage spell that targets all monsters in a row. Even the classic magic missile form D&D allows a higher level magic-user to redirect the projectiles to multiple targets. Working as intended, as far as I'm concerned.

"This missile is always targeted at a single monster." Is part of the spellbook description for the spell.

Dorateen

Arcane

"This missile is always targeted at a single monster." Is part of the spellbook description for the spell.

MAGIC MISSILE SORCERY 2 4 ALL ENEMIES

Also part of the entry in the Manual. The target is "All Enemies", referring to a Group. So the wording in the description might be off, but the in-game effects of the spell is correct.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Smooth scrolling left and right turns are still an issue. Either the turns need to be much quicker (so you don't notice the broken geometry) or smooth scrolling should be turned off by default.

Maybe have a new option of smooth scrolling steps (forward and back), but instantenous turns. And make that the default for new players.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i discovered by mistake that certain UI elements will overlap one another if you alt tab sometimes; i'll see if i can reproduce it

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Smooth scrolling left and right turns are still an issue. Either the turns need to be much quicker (so you don't notice the broken geometry) or smooth scrolling should be turned off by default.

Maybe have a new option of smooth scrolling steps (forward and back), but instantenous turns. And make that the default for new players.
I'm not sure I follow. Maybe I'm used to it now but smooth scrolling looks pretty alright to me.
On the topic of things that could be improved though, allowing us to click and drag scrollbars in the UI instead of having to click the up/down arrows a few dozen times would be REALLY beneficial.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Maybe I'm used to it now but smooth scrolling looks pretty alright to me.

You don't get the image artifacts when turning left or right near a wall with smooth scrolling on? Even in the gameplay videos you can clearly see it and some people get confused by it.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Maybe I'm used to it now but smooth scrolling looks pretty alright to me.

You don't get the image artifacts when turning left or right near a wall with smooth scrolling on? Even in the gameplay videos you can clearly see it and some people get confused by it.
Yeah, I get that. I see what you mean, worth adding to the OP.

Another issue, that I'm not sure on how to define, is the resolution setting of the game. It sounds like it does not work the same for everyone. E.G. the black bars if you try to use 1920x1080, or it not even properly getting to that point for some people. I personally added command line arguments to the game shortcut to force the game to run in 1024/768, which caused the game to be displayed on the full area of my monitor (originally 1920x1080) without any black bars.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I expect the answer is that it was among the first areas in the game you made and as such never ended up going back to them later in the development, Cleve, but it is bugging my mapping autism that the village of crowl doesn't look like this. I.E. with the mantor garrison, bronze cauldron, crowl archives, and cathedral temple included in the map versus being separate maps as they are currently in game. It fits perfectly when I edited them in paint.
a2jjQ2M.jpg

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Warning to anyone who has yet to visit the Bahomet Megalith. I've found that this issue is reproducible; if you step through the hole at the Megalith Spire to transport back to the Bahomet Megalith floor, and then exit the building to go outside, the skyboxes will be gone, as in the image below (solid blue color, no more clouds as the normal skies look, I tried then leaving to go back to sargasso and the skybox remained like this)
NCpNqVm.png

To avoid this thankfully, I did try walking back through each floor of the Bahomet the way I climbed up instead of taking the shortcut to exit, and the skybox was normal when I went outside. Avoid the Megalith Spire shortcut.

GandGolf

Augur
Has the mana regeneration for Drows and Humans been fixed? Or that map (tabernacle of music?) that would crash the game when you tried to leave it?

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
I have very slow regeneration for my drow and human casters to confirm in version 2.0.0.20
However, I have the helm of the mollusk on my human and now he has the highest regen in my party thanks to the M+ on the item. The same should likely be true for other items like the rings of magic res which say M+ from improved identify.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Or that map (tabernacle of music?) that would crash the game when you tried to leave it?

Do you think people would finish the game if one of the critical areas produced a crash when leaving? As to humans and drows, it's a feature, not a bug.

GandGolf

Augur
Or that map (tabernacle of music?) that would crash the game when you tried to leave it?

Do you think people would finish the game if one of the critical areas produced a crash when leaving? As to humans and drows, it's a feature, not a bug.

The issue with the Tabernacle of Music map was reported on Apr 8 so it's quite possible Cleve changed something in the map that caused it to crash where it hadn't previously in one of the patches prior to that date. Cleve introducing a new bug wouldn't be surprising at all considering how sloppy he is in coding.

And from what I remember he admitted that mana regen for Humans and Drows was indeed borked as he used a floor instead of a ceiling or something like that, but probably will consider it a feature rather than making any effort to remedy the problem.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I expect the answer is that it was among the first areas in the game you made and as such never ended up going back to them later in the development, Cleve, but it is bugging my mapping autism that the village of crowl doesn't look like this. I.E. with the mantor garrison, bronze cauldron, crowl archives, and cathedral temple included in the map versus being separate maps as they are currently in game. It fits perfectly when I edited them in paint.
a2jjQ2M.jpg

One thing Grimoire always needed is a subregion index. Will implement in sequel.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
a2jjQ2M.jpg

One thing Grimoire always needed is a subregion index. Will implement in sequel.
Cleve I’ve resurrected my LP of your game. The necromancy will be finished and the thread fully risen once my semester ends. Make sure you keep up with it

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Cleveland Mark Blakemore
Sorry to bother you if it was already somewhere in Steam threads, but you've missed pit that crashes the game in the Loom of Shelach.
I usually check every pit to see that my party plunged to their death. Don't ask, old habits.
m3rgGKpz_o.png

00000000000000000002-ms: GRIMOIRE (c)1997-2019 Golden Era Games All Rights Reserved
00000000000000000002-ms: Version: 3.0.0.0-R
00000000000000063679-ms: ERROR 'sound.cpp' Line 475 Failed To Load And Play MIDI : / 022.SPL

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom