Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MicroProse revived as military simulator publisher

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Man I hope their Task Force Admiral game will be good. 1942 Pacific Air war was one of my favorite Microprose games of all time and I so much need something like this.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
Here's a gameplay preview from someone using TrackIR, which for me personally is a requirement for any flight sim and makes Tiny Combat Arena a lot more attractive:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I still cannot believe revived Microprose being based AF is a thing. After all the letdowns by faggots like Peter Molyneux and Paul Neurath, I was prepared to have yet another disappointment on the list. Then it turned out to be one of the best things to have happened for old-school gamers. No woke politics (yet), actually solid, good games. Sheeeeeeit :obviously:

I probably just jinxed it by posting this, though. :negative:

Ninjerk

Arcane
I still cannot believe revived Microprose being based AF is a thing. After all the letdowns by faggots like Peter Molyneux and Paul Neurath, I was prepared to have yet another disappointment on the list. Then it turned out to be one of the best things to have happened for old-school gamers. No woke politics (yet), actually solid, good games. Sheeeeeeit :obviously:

I probably just jinxed it by posting this, though. :negative:
Just stand right there, my friend, right on the center of that rug. No way is that getting pulled.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1347550/view/5032215335985456872
Road to 1.0 Release
Hello everybody! Tiny Combat Arena released into Early Access about a month ago. The first month post-release development was focused on addressing the biggest playability issues that the game faced, and to stabilize the build. This culminated in the 0.8.6 patch, which has gone over well.

What comes next is "the rest of the game." The following list are a sample of the features that I feel the game absolutely must have before I feel the game can be considered 1.0, and move out of Early Access. This work focuses on Arena and features to support Arena, and is the space with which I am most interested in hearing feedback throughout development. While the implementation details of all of these points might change, these are the high level features that I feel are essential to the Arena experience.

While I haven't specifically outlined much in the way of content, be aware that content will necessarily have to be built out to support these features.
Important Disclaimer!
This is not
everything
I feel the game needs. It covers things that I not only feel the game absolutely needs to be complete, but are also things that at this point in development I'm confident in talking about them. Plans change all the time during development due to new ideas or unexpected issues. Based on post-launch feedback, I've already made some adjustments.

Expanded Arena Map UI
zBeuqCn.png

The current Arena UI is barebones. It's my intention that the Arena UI, seen between sorties, can be used to get an accurate strategic picture of what's happening so that you can plan your next sortie accordingly. There is a lot of missing information, and I think the game benefits from its mechanics being as transparent as possible.

Campaigns
HiwTp1w.png

The "Arena Demo" mission is a single Arena mission. In the final game, these missions will be strung together to make an "Arena Campaign", with each mission focusing on some specific area of the map.

The final game will have two campaigns. The first will take place on the "Sand Island" map, and is meant to be very short and introductory. A second campaign will take place on a larger map, with its own string of missions. Details on that second campaign, as well as its associated map, will come later.

Finished Sand Island Map
Bljc3Pz.png

The Sand Island map started as a simple test environment with one small island an airfield. However, it has since been repurposed into a sort of "tutorial" map. Only one of the islands in the chain is fully filled out. The rest are in various states of development. Some have "forests" and buildings, while others are completely barren.

Air Defense and Defensive Structures/Units
f6JV6XM.png

At the moment, Strategic Targets in Arena are always undefended. Bases must have the ability to defend themselves against incoming vehicles, and some Strategic Targets might be focused on air defense entirely. The game has a lot of interesting radar and combat mechanics that I feel are being underutilized without stronger opposition and map locations to take advantage of them.

Improved Offensive and Defensive Missile Combat
4s4rdbi.png

The fundamentals for all the missile related combat are in the game, but are missing details. For example, chaff and radar guided missiles are underdeveloped. However the biggest of these is how missiles relate to the AI. The game cannot be complete until the AI start firing missiles at the player and each other.

Custom Loadouts
7K3TxRW.png

One of my favorite features in combat flight sims is tweaking the loadouts. At present, the player can select from a series of presets, but custom loadouts is a feature the game absolutely must have. Being able to specifically customize your loadout to your mission and play style should be cornerstone of the game.

With More to Come
rQ7MX5b.png

As mentioned before, this is not a comprehensive list, but it is a list of the items that I feel are both most important and least likely to change throughout development. There's still a lot of work to be done and I'm excited to be back to working on new stuff for the game after a month of bugfixes and planning.

As always, thank you everybody for the support! Please remember that you can also follow the game's development using the Trello board, which I use myself. Or, you can follow me on Twitter or my YouTube where I often post updates on what I'm working on.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Has anyone played Regiments? The Operations game mode intrigues me.

Also apparently some players are very butthurt because the devs have said it's an exclusively single player game with no multiplayer plans whatsoever, which is something I'm more than okay with.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/m..._medium=post&utm_campaign=facebook-2022-05-26
MicroProse announces 5 New Games!
26 May @ 4:24pm - Sérgio Costa (MicroProse)
055da8dbdf3255b96d5ace29fbbd4e12efa62d16.jpg

Hello MicroProse fans!
We are proud to announce 5 new games are joining our line-up. This time it's all about stories, atmosphere, exploration, intrigue, and a bit of sport!

Read on to learn a little more about each unique game.

Neyyah
Neyyah is a first-person point-and-click adventure game from solo developer, Aaron Gwynaire.
You are thrown into a strange secretive world called Neyyah. Use careful observation and logic to uncover the mysteries entwined within Neyyah's peculiar landscapes and bizarre cultures.

de8135a673b6143005c795f6e183850cd8986f25.jpg

39ebb57779f238c975c92b6ac1118d57504a9cef.jpg

Neyyah is set within a collection of remote almost abandoned islands, separated by a series of complex portal machinery and laced with the fingerprints of two very intriguing cultures.
Upon waking up from a strange dream, you find yourself transported to a place called Olujay, where you meet Vamir, who sends you to Neyyah in the hope you will be safe there. For reasons you will discover upon your many explorations, Vamir needs you for a matter of great urgency.

A wrong must be righted. A civilization avenged. A secret revealed.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289720/

Let Bions Be Bygones
"Welcome to the planet Terrahive. A planet that never should have existed. Completely encrusted in a disease called humanity. Corporate arcologies and space elevators shadow the layers of polluted man-made edifices. Overseen by ancient brains on apparatuses and driven by greed, corruption, progress, and immortality." - John Cooper

Let Bions be Bygones is an atmospheric narrative future-noir thriller.

b8a3cf3f6b0f28de942468b7b30d5e7d4cd3c5ff.jpg

a107fc4637a785d041ab6f24ca69c3a3aa07515f.jpg

A new take on the classic genre, Let Bions be Bygones, lets the players focus on the story, narrative, and detective work. Players will be able to choose their own path and grow their characters through different playstyles.
All this and more, in a gritty world captivated by an original, unique soundtrack and a professional voice-over that will immerse the player in a thrilling tale with multiple endings.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1347560/

CrossOver: Roll for Initiative

CrossOver is a tabletop RPG strategy game.
Defend your tabletop RPG paper character sheet from invading pixel enemies! Find matches in your tray of dice to power attacks to clear the evil from your shelf full of campaign books. Hardcore match-3 RPG puzzle meets action-strategy tower defence.

b0ba7db416383b0d3b2b1b683567d52a1a52acea.jpg
474a4ea83cc8961bac62b6c123dcef92e9a282eb.jpg

CrossOver takes some classic concepts from traditionally “casual” genres (Match 3 and Tower Defence) and crosses them into a new and eccentric hardcore challenge with Strategy, RPG and Puzzle elements.

The main campaigns include RPG progression, dozens of spells and weapons to find, mercenaries to hire, and shops to buy armor and items. Random encounters appear between stages with Fighting Fantasy book style choices. Earn persistent gems to unlock more classes/races (15 of each in the game) or trade in for extra gold during any campaign.
Try your hand at the Solo and Co-Op Endless Modes to challenge the Online Leaderboards!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1713080/

Drop
DROP is a rogue-like hacking simulator set in a fragmented future.
You are a freelancer, trying to gain fame in DROP, an anonymous system for hackers. You break into digital enclaves and leave without a trace, but you find yourself in a conflict between various agencies that could change the world.

06ea7e67a38903c2b0e3d6cc821293dec5132b7c.jpg

2fea9c67c8a40a3ebac24b9f51129817292d33a6.jpg

Enter a disconnected cyberpunk world – the unique visuals, exclusive soundtrack, and electronic soundscapes evoke the feel and the thrill of hacking in a potential future. Play an unfolding story campaign through unique missions.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1902300/

Tiny Football

Tackle, Pass and Shoot your way to the back of the net.
On the Couch or Online. Settle old scores!

Tiny Football is a throwback to old top-down retro soccer games of the 90s. Master the art of passing and shooting, tackles, crosses, throw balls, overhead kicks, free kicks, and more. Compete with 64 national and club teams in a variety of tournaments.

b87e7dcabe43e485438b59d10c5a254572b4632e.jpg

d12fe24f8de97acca6ea04f9473680bce92c36cc.jpg

Rich gameplay and real challenge is achieved by sharing user control with AI assistance to produce passing and shooting based on individual player ability.
Each squad member has their own skill levels and players can be pre-selected before a match and substituted during a match when they are tired.
In-match injuries will force substitutions. Sent off players and player suspensions will force players to shuffle team selection adding a managerial feel to tournaments.

Additional features include goal celebrations, player protests, extra time and penalties. Play with a friend (controller and keyboard) or the computer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1887010/

Data4

Arcane
I need some Gunship 2025, or a comprehensive theater of war flight simulator successor to the Falcon series, goddammit.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"a throw back to old top-down retro soccer games of the 90's"

ss_85a096ded860b3ad9bcd3881b197e49ffed4ed8c.600x338.jpg

*spend much less pixels per character than MicroProse Soccer.*

ss_524f2e20214b46813c540148bcc5f5fceb73ba6a.600x338.jpg

This is exactly like that indie pixel art meme.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I feel like having Microprose publish your adventure/RPG hybrid is inviting disaster. Sort of like naming one's ship after the Titanic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom