Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Microsoft acquires Bethesda/Zenimax

Prime Junta

Why, yes! I always wanted my Fallout to be filled with dykes and queers!

latest

latest

Red alert! Red alert! There's a gay in my war crimes simulator! :runs around madly:

Dramart

Learned
The Elder Scrolls VI for the sexual perverts,
One Fallout for the nostalfags without gaming skills,
More Doom for the retarded Krunoes,
The Xbox game pass from the Dark Lord on his throne,
In the land of Microsoft where the shadows lie.
One Bill to rule them all, one Bill to buy them all,
One Bill to bring them all, and in the decline bind them,

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Spencer with that Big Dick Energy.

Not sure how bad a negative this could be. For all their bullshit, Bethesda (the publisher) made more singleplayer focused games than most other companies lately. Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online yes I know, but Activision ain't makin' Prey and The Old Blood and Evil Within and shit. Will Mirosoft? I dunno... they bought all these studios years ago and very little has been shown from it. Halo Infinite was supposed to be a 10 year "platform." Hard to nail down what their strat is when it comes to game genre types. Also how long until things become Game Pass exclusives? Ugh... still it could be worse, they could have sold to Sony and we'd see console exclusive Doom games *shudder*.

As for the console wars it's definitely a big dick move. Would have been more big dick if they could have announced an exclusive at the same time, or shown Starfield footage or something, but oh well.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
That's huge for Microsoft even if Bethesda is shit , they have some big hit franchises.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Elder Scrolls VI for the sexual perverts,
One Fallout for the nostalfags without gaming skills,
More Doom for the retarded Krunoes,
The Xbox game pass from the Dark Lord on his throne,
One Bill to rule them all, one Bill to buy them all,
One Bill to bring them all, and in the decline bind them,
In the Store of Microsoft where the shadows lie.

Fixed for accuracy.

Mortmal

Arcane
Elder scrolls 6 now in VR exclusive to windows mixed reality and the new reverb hp2 g2 in it's full 4k glory . Can only hope...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yes MS now owns Deathlop and GhostWire: Tokyo two timed Playstation exclusives
:lol:

Playstation and PC. I really wonder how those contracts are worded though. Outer Worlds had a rock solid publishing deal in place with Private Division they couldn't get out of, but Sony merely bought an exclusivity window.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Yes MS now owns Deathlop and GhostWire: Tokyo two timed Playstation exclusives
:lol:

Playstation and PC. I really wonder how those contracts are worded though. Outer Worlds had a rock solid publishing deal in place with Private Division they couldn't get out of, but Sony merely bought an exclusivity window.

Probably one of those hasty last minute deals concluded one day before pre-orders of the XS start.

Either way, all this monopolization will simply lead to more disinterest from me for AAA games. I hope Arkane can still knock out 1-2 good games before they become submerged into the Microsoft structures.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Wow. Bethesda might be shit but Microsoft got some huge good likes Disnohoredbr franchise, DOOM and Fallout.

Better MS than Sony. That said, money won't fix creative bankruptcy. On the contrary, good design requires constraints, and budget constraints work like any other. Just look at Ridley Scott, he made Alien on the budget of 11M, and given 110M he made Alien: Covenant.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Didn’t say it would be good but it might end up happening. I’m sure Sawyer is asking about it. Damn poor Avellone.

If Sawyer was on the helmet of project , at least the game's system and mechanics would be 10/10.

Btw Microsft has In-xile , Obsidian and now Bethesda. What's next? Larian ? lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom