Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MICROSOFT - BETHESDA DEVELOPER DIRECT

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Microsoft will show off its early 2023 Xbox Game Studios and Game Pass lineup Wednesday in a new showcase called Xbox Developer Direct. Games confirmed to appear at the event include ZeniMax Online Studios’ The Elder Scrolls Online, Arkane Studios’ Redfall, Mojang and Blackbird Interactive’s Minecraft Legends, and Turn 10 Studios’ Forza Motorsport.

Bethesda Game Studios’ Starfield won’t be at January’s Xbox Developer Direct, however. The sci-fi role-playing game will be the star of its own stand-alone presentation at a later date, Microsoft says.

Old Hans

Arcane
why the hell does youtube always want me to sign in to confirm my age for such random videos. "sorry BRO you gotta be 29 years or older to watch the microsoft xbox presentation. it's 2 X-TREME"

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Rhythm game Hi-Fi Rush releases today, immediately after being announced.
I guess Microsoft recorded the promo, fired them all, and dumped the game without marketing. Bit sad.
The game itself looks like 3D, animated graphics Crypt of the Necrodancer style thing.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Microsoft will show off its early 2023 Xbox Game Studios and Game Pass lineup Wednesday in a new showcase called Xbox Developer Direct. Games confirmed to appear at the event include ZeniMax Online Studios’ The Elder Scrolls Online, Arkane Studios’ Redfall, Mojang and Blackbird Interactive’s Minecraft Legends, and Turn 10 Studios’ Forza Motorsport.
oh fuck obsidian is dead innit

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So far:
New Forza has new rain droplet physics and dust on read window particle quantin refactoring gigafactoring by a factor of 12, whatever, boring car game.
Some Minecraft looking game that's like Overlord? As in a mix of third person action and RTS... and tower defense, and its a PvP game, and its a MOBA, and I didn't get what they were doing with it.
Elder Scrolls: Online is laying on the nostalgia so thick, it looks like a parody video I'd make about TESO. If you thought WOW Classic is pandering, this is very pandering.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Redfall is a Left4Dead type game from Arkane Studios.
Vampire hunter themed, looter shooter. Footage showed you need multiple hits, including closeup shotgun or headshots, to kill stuff. This implies loot stats are very relevant. The shown guns, skills and levels don't seem to promote coop at all.
The game looks good, other than the cutscenes having actual darkness and the gameplay being much brighter, for visibility.
Arkane keeps saying its their most ambitious game, but from what little I've seen, it looks like their worst.
Release date: May 2nd.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Well, that was it. On the same week when they fired 20000 employees, they show 4 games and an expansion pack for their MMO.
hzgasiE.jpg

Pathetic. The Devil May Cry type game with rhythm combat is the only inspired thing.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Haha, as expected. If you actually watched this you're a fucking retard.
I tried to open it on my Xbox where they have been promoting it for 2 weeks on home screen. Then it just opened youtube and asked to log in.. I said nope and went back to playing Deadfire. Retards could not even link it to your Xbox account or make it be part of Xbox like how Dota gives you all through its game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Redfall is a Left4Dead type game from Arkane Studios.
The game has been described as Far Cry meets Borderlands. It's an open world looter shooter.
Not what their trailer and gameplay footage showed. If its more like Far Cry and less like Left4Dead, this means the marketing team is failing hard to sell it.
Yes, I agree. They're not doing a good job at connecting this game with the people who it might be intended for. I've seen many people make the same mistake thinking that it's L4D.

Delterius

Arcane
maybe the demonologists in the marketing department think L4D would sell more for some reason

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom