Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Microsoft E3 2021 Showcase: Starfield and The Outer Worlds 2

JDR13

Arcane
PLEASE please please let Starfield be a hard sci-fi game. Focus on realistic space stuff, no space magic, if aliens are present let them be a rare special thing. There are so many fantasy RPGs out there just let us have this one hard sci-fi AAA rpg

There's going to be a space dungeon every 30 feet, and the new Radiant AI 2.0 will have us rescuing space farmers kidnapped by raiders.

jac8awol

Arbiter
"Ok so the plebs didn't get it the first time around. But I guarantee that if we do a sequel and shove it far enough down their throats, they'll learn to love it and realise we were right all along!"

Absolute shit trailer. If you're not gonna take your game seriously, no chance I will. Their attempts at humour are embarrassing. It's impossible for progressives to do comedy because they're terrified of offending anyone. It's all 'punching up' or whatever buzzword they've got for shooting their punchlines in the foot.

Last edited:

Flou

Arbiter
You guys suck. I was expecting a gif of Pete Hines awkwardly tilting his head from one side to another and looking down on everyone. That man should not be on camera, that was very awkward presentation.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
So whats the story in this game? i hope we arent looking for dad again
images

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
First and foremost, let me tell you, that I"ve been playing tens of hours per week for the past 30 years or so. I've been here from the birthing pain of the PC platform, and at my age of 43 I can still headshot someone while doing 180° in a split of a second. Sometimes. Well, maybe it was just a wet dream lately, never mind that. So, with all of this amounting to the +35 perception bonus towards the shady practices of the developers and players alike, there's only one thing I can say. I am preordering Outer Worlds 2.

**EDIT** few minutes later. Do I have to keep my word? And btw I am released from my wov immediately if it's an Epic realase again, and I am due a free copy of it on Steam or GoG or anywhere else but Epic right?

Mortmal

Arcane
PLEASE please please let Starfield be a hard sci-fi game. Focus on realistic space stuff, no space magic, if aliens are present let them be a rare special thing. There are so many fantasy RPGs out there just let us have this one hard sci-fi AAA rpg

There's going to be a space dungeon every 30 feet, and the new Radiant AI 2.0 will have us rescuing space farmers kidnapped by raiders.
Just have to remake empyrion -galactic survival , with higher budget and you get that easily .

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Obsidian’s “we are not like them greedy soulless corporate hacks” is so obviously their greedy corporate marketing strategy;
Bethesda RPGs
:hahano:

Which is ironic because PoE and TOW are some of the most soulless games I've ever played.
To call PoE a legendary take on a RPG depiction would be an overstatement, true, but call it one of the most soulless you've played? What is your comparison, Disney's Palpatin Rainbow Makeup Simulator (now with RPG elements)?

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Bathesda claims Starfiels id "25 years in the making":roll::roll::roll:

Blatant attack on Cleveland Mark Blakemore , dnt let this stand man!!!!
:outrage:

(Begins letter writing campaign and starts to plant evidence many team members of Starfield have standing orders against them preventing them from being within 300 meters of schoolyards or wherever children congregate)

If I had known the XBox One would be this barren I would have never bought it.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Starfield makes me somewhat nervous in that the setting/time period seems like a big excuse to have vast stretches of barren nothing because humanity is new to space travel and no one has built anything yet.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The challenge for The Outer Worlds 2 will be making it interesting. The first game was just soulless. Which is kind of nuts if you think of how hard they tried to inject a particular flavor, a "feeling" that went beyond narrative and setting. But it just didn't work. To continue the food analogy, the flavors were certainly new, but they had a chemical and artificial taste. The game was quite uncompelling and easily forgettable. Plus, too easy and too married to the New Vegas VATS-style hybrid which is the worst of both worlds.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
The game was quite uncompelling and easily forgettable. Plus, too easy and too married to the New Vegas VATS-style hybrid which is the worst of both worlds.
That's what I've been telling gamers don't want New Vegas 2. Only a handful of fans are vocal about it which won't make it profitable.

Flou

Arbiter
Bathesda claims Starfiels id "25 years in the making":roll::roll::roll:

How many people at Bethesda have even been there for 25 years? :D

The lies that Bethesda's PR people spit out get just more blatant as years pass. I'm anxiously waiting for Todd or Pete Hines to come forward and tell a tear dropping story of how he had to wait for 25 years to create this dream game of his.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Microsoft is starting to have a big problem in their hands with lack of big name exclusives coming out anytime soon.

You are pretty delusional, Microsfot is a giant. It can't have problems, only temporary difficulties. After 2-3 years they will start spit new titles, while other will be choking dust behind them.

________

I'm acctually waiting for Starfield. It's gonna be OK at least.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
I have a slight hope for starfield, which annoys me since I swore I would not have any enthusiasm for any Bethesda project anymore. Their comm' is as vague as usual. They say that it is a 'more hardcore rpg' than what they've done recently but what is 'recently'? Starfield will release on Skyrim's 11th birthday after all. Since the whole bethesda game design story when it comes to character systems is taking the daggerfall's system and mostly trimming it at every new release, it isn't very indicative.
The main positive, oddly enough, is Todd doing the space shenanigans he always wanted to do (I remember a Kirkbride interview which stated Todd was very formulaic when it came to med-fantasy and the only way to get weirder designs past him was to equate them to space-fantasy stuff like SW.) so there is a very slim hope he will be a bit less corporate and a bit more creatively flexible when it comes to that, passion project and all. That's a very fragile rope to hang onto though...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom